Question

MWO - Stuck Sync - Media Upload is Waiting

• 22 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

A User has reported that his Sync Monitor is showing ‘Syncing - 1 Media Upload is waiting’ and has been in this state for a few days.

how do we move it on and stop the Media Upload that his holding up his entire device?

thanks, 

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

If there are no other queued transactions you could try force initialization.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

One reason for stuck media uploads because of dependent parent transaction might have failed at the server. So check the FT for this user and take action (Re send by fix) to clear the client out queue. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @lisa.gilesAB,

Were you able to solve this? I have a customer who is having the same issue.

Thanks in advance,

Robert 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@EqeRobertK  It did resolve and the User stopped receiving the error. We are not sure though what resolved it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@EqeRobertK  It did resolve and the User stopped receiving the error. We are not sure though what resolved it.

OK, thanks. We will check on a different way.

@KieranGeoghegan FYI, there are more customers with tha same issue with uploading media from MWO!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi

One of the main reason for waiting media upload because of Media header (Media Library and Item) records were stuck in the FT queue. Basically media or document upload goes in two steps. First it create the header transaction and send to the server and then try to upload the media file itself. If header transaction failed for some reason (FT queue), then client is holding the media/Document file and shows this error message.

So when you see this error from a device, best is to check the FT queue for that app/user in IEE. Then you will find the ROOT cause for the failure and fix it in the back end and re process the FT queue. Then it will allow device to send the media again. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @kathlk ,

Thanks, I was expecting this as well.

But in some cases we do not have FT, or at least I cannot see them (also not in the deleted FT). Hopefully @KieranGeoghegan can solve this in his investigation. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If you do not see any FT, I would suggest to take device logs to see the detailed error. Could be a bug in the solution.