Question

IFS Time Tracker 10, Can't see Projects in Mobile App

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello,

This is my first post here and I’m glad that I found this community. 

I have a small problem with Time Tracker 10, I believe it’s permission related.

The problem is for a normal end user to see Projects in the app. The user can add hours to the Project from Time Registration in IFS 10 EE and then see them in the mobile app, hours and Project name. The user can also delete these hours from the app. The only thing missing now is for the end user to search for, find and add hours to a Project from the app. For me as an administrator it works. I’m guessing because I have more permissions.

What is needed to select Projects from the mobile app?

Shown in the image below is where the end user can’t find Projects, where I as an administrator can.

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi Eric,

Welcome to IFS Community.

What is the version of the app installed? Did you try searching for the short name and checking whether the project appears?

Best Regards,

Ruwanjala

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Ruwanjala,

Thanks for the welcome!

App version is 1.0, Assembly version is 1.0.2.0. Search the short name does not work either. The best would be if all the Projects the end user has access to shows up automatically, like it does for me as the administrator.  

Best Regards,

Erik

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi ,

Can you make sure that the relevant Time Tracker activities(related to project time reporting ) is granted for the mobile user? if not please grand them and check this again.

/Subash Perera

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Subash,

These are granted for the end user and for me. I was thinking that there must be other permissions that also need granting since it works for me but not for the end user.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Erik ROL,

Could you please log in to the configuration screen for time tracker on the touch apps server and check if the Project check box is selected and then log back in to Time Tracker and check if it works? 

You can log in to the configuration screen with the below steps.

1.  Log into the touch apps cloud at : https://cloud.ifsworld.com/SignIn.aspx using your credentials.
    2. Select the configure link next to system ID.
    3. Select the configure link next to ‘Time Tracker xx’

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Thanushi,

We run IFS on premise, I checked the app configuration but we can’t configure anything from there. It is just blank. 

As stated earlier it works for me, but not end user. I think it is related to permissions.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Please try the below steps.

• Then press configure for correct system id.
  • In the next window press >> icon and it will VALIDATE META and press >> DEPLOY META.

Now check whether the issue is still there or not.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Shenah,

I have tried this now. No difference, as stated earlier it works for administrators, it is only for end users the problem occurs. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Erik,

Could it be that the user’s default company is different to your default company? The query used to get these records into your mobile application is as below:

select * from ACTIVITY_COST where company = USER_ACCESS_API.Get_User_Default_Company_Id()

If there are no projects for the user’s default company then it might be the reason the user does not see projects but you do. 

Can that be confirmed?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Ibrahim,

Like me, the end user can add time from EE to projects,  then it is visible in the app. That has been confirmed. The only thing the end user cannot do is find projects in the app. that is why I think it is permission related.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello Erik,

I see, that does make sense that it should appear then. I think it still could be worth taking a look into the default company. Is it not possible to compare the default companies of the two users (yours and the end user) and see the difference? If it is different, maybe try making your default company the default company of the end user just to test if that is indeed what is causing the problem. 

If the TimeTracker10 activities are granted to both users then you should be able to see and if you can see projects then I think there is a good chance it is not permission related. By any chance do you have any permission set filters? You can check this in the Permission Set Filters window to see if any of them are blocking the projects to this user seeing that other functionality is working.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I checked and the end user in question is active as an employee in both companies, same company as me and another company, both companies have active projects. There should be something visible then right? 
We do not use Permission Set filters.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Erik,

Thanks for checking on the Permission Set filters. Yes in that case it should show up. Are you using a different language? If so, would it be possible to try it it English?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Ibrahim,

Both users use english. What is a bit odd is that when putting in hours from EE the project shows up and looks like mine. But when searching for it, mine shows up, users don’t. 

Badge +1

IFS Time Tracker 10, Can't see Projects in Mobile App The problem is for a normal end user to see Projects in the app. The user can add hours to the Project from Time Registration in IFS 10 EE and then see them in the mobile app, hours and Project name. The user can also delete these hours from the app.