Question

Work Task Handling - Pick List Error

• 22 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi All,

I have been receiving the following error when attempting to pick parts from inventory needed for the work order. I am reserving from the maintenance material requisition, creating a pick list, and attempting to pick / issue the material. Has anyone seen this error before?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi. I have just come across the same error in Apps10 when trying to Pick All on a WO Pick List which has reserved stock of the same part across two different lot batches.

I also get a different error which gives a similar result as shown below. 

On each occasion the full quantity is reserved and shows as such in IPIS and the WO Materials Line. However I cannot Pick All.

@Asturge1 Did you manage to resolve your issue?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Asturge1 Could you please mention the IFSCLOUD version you are using here.

HI ​​​@CooAlastL Kindly mention the APP10 UPD that you are in ?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Nethmini Kosvinna I am using Apps10 Update 17. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @CooAlastL ,
There is a correction done in UPD 18, improving picking of lot batch inventory part in maintenance material requisitions. If you can provide the test flow to recreate the above error we can verify the same test flow in UPD 18 and confirm you whether your issue will be solved in UPD 18.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Nethmini Kosvinna Hopefully the test flow below makes sense. 

• Ensure Automatic Reservation settings on the Site of the Maintenance Material Requisition is set to firstly reserve “Earliest Receipt Date”. 
  • Create maintenance material requisition line on a Work Order for a part where stock from two separate lot batches exists as part on the available qty of the part on the Maintenance Material Requisition Site and add enough stock to ensure that auto reserving will select stock from two separate lot batches. (or for a part with no Qty on Hand on the Site, NREC into stock two separate lot batches of Qty =1 for a part and add this part to the Maintenance Material Requisition, Qty = 2). 
  • Release the Maintenance Material Requisition
  • Create Pick List (RMB in header of Maintenance Material Requisition within the Materials tab of the Work Order, and select Print Pick List from the drop down Options, ensuring that Reserve all Unreserved Lines is ticked. 
  • RMB to View Pick List. 
  • On the Pick List screen, RMB to select View Details and check that two separate lot batches have been reserved during the Pick List creation process. 
  • Select Pick All. 
  • Result should be that the reserved part are picked successfully without any of the errors noted above.  

Can you come back and let me know that U18 will resolve this issue? Many thanks. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @CooAlastL ,
Please refer attached where I have followed above mentioned steps in APP10 UPD 18. I could not observe any error in UPD 18.

Thanks,
Nethmini