Question

Update project deliverable after updating PDM structure (Growing BOM)

• 19 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I’ve got the following scenario:

I created a first version of a BOM in EPDM and imported this via Cadlink in IFS. Result Engineering parts (and structure) are created.

I selected the parent part of the BOM to a project deliverable and selected the option copy PDM structure all levels. Result the components of the structure are created as Project Deliverable components.  So far so good.

Than the BOM in EPDM is updated (new revisions of components or new components added), via Calink the changes are added to IFS and added to the engineering “structure”.

Now i want to update my project deliverable to with the changes made to the parent part and underlaying parts, but with the option Copy PDM structure all levels , the full list of components is added again so of lot of components are double in the project structure.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Vincent Heijmer

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

In the old Project Delivery this was not there either.

But we have build a “Update Structure” modification for multiple customers to grow or change the BOM based on the revisions in PDM. This becomes a bit complex because so of the components might already be purchased or manufacture, and the BOM of a SO used to build the parent might already been given to production. Whish means if a new revision needs different components you would need to do this manually

if you only have a growling BOM, never changing, than it should be an easier Modification.

Regards Erik

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Erik.

Thanks for your response, but the BOM will besides growing also changing…..

Kind regards,

Vincent