Skip to main content

Hi Community,

I’m looking for the system effects on project MTR with ‘Netting’ trasfer type.

I follows the below scenario:
1. Set the below Project and Activity Y - Part 1

• Project  A - 

Subproject X - 

Activity Y - Generate PR and PO for ‘Part’1 based on planned on Project Master Schedule

2. Set Activity Z, the below Porject Deliverble on Activity Z and run PMRP for the Part 1

• Project  A - 

Subproject X - 

Activity Y - Generate PR and PO for ‘Part’1 based on planned on Project Master Schedule

Activity Z - Set ‘Part 1’ on Project deverable and run PMRP

3. Project MTR with ‘Netting’ trasfer type was automatically generated described as below picture after running PMRP because only Aactivity is different between Activity Y and Activity Z for Part 1

Question: what is the system effects on project MTR with ‘Netting’ trasfer type?

After this MTR is generated, there is no impct on inventory transactions and material plans of Project Deliverbles Materials and Services for Activity Z. If there is material supply comming from MTR for the material deliverble of Activity Z, it could make scense but it deos not happen.

Hi @koheiokigami,

The “Netting” type MTRs are getting created when you have a supply based on a forecast (Master Scheduling) and that supply can be consumed by another activity which is having an actual demand, for the same part. Because actual demands have more validity compared to a forecast, so it is ideal to give priority for that.

In your example I can see the PR created in the Activity Y is based on a Master Schedule forecast. However,  in Activity Z there is a demand for the same part but an actual demand. Hence, the aforementioned behaviour has played here. You need to process the PR/PO and then the MTR too to receive the material to Activity Z.

Let me know whether this clarifies your doubt. 

Hi @Tharindu Illangasinghe,

Thank you for the reply.
I understand your explantion about the system behavior.
Tahnks.

Kohei Okigami