Question

PMRP not generating requisitions for components of a manufactured part

• 5 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

… and I am trying to find out why when:

• The demand comes from a work task (on a work order) which is project connected
  • We run PMRP per activity (for all activities within the project)
  • PMRP generates a shop order requisition for the top part (demand from work task)
  • But no purchase requisitions for the components
  • In MRP part information for the components, the gross requirement is 1 but net requirement 0 so it seems it “sees” the demand from the top part
  • No MTRs generated, no stock
  • Structure is buildable, components are not standard planned
  • Structure phase in is way back in time and no phase out date

So what are we missing?  Any ideas? We are running IFS Cloud 22R2. 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Kenneth Pettersson CGI ,

One of the common reason for not generating purchase requestions for the components of shop order is if the Std Planned Item check box checked in the product structure but in you case this is unchecked. Then only other reason I can think of is the phase in date of the purchase part revision might be later than than the purchase requisition latest order date. If this is the case then you can find a action proposal for the purchase part with MRP message as No Revision Exists

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hejsan Kenneth,

Check MRP Action Proposals

Check Part Status. Are supplies allowed.

But it is strange that net requirement is 0. That kind of tells me that the part is not processed by the ‘main’ MRP step.

How about low level codes. Does your purchase component have low level code +1 compared to your manufactured part? I mean it should work, but good to check.

When you have digged a little bit more and not found anything, u can call med Kenneth. And share your thoughts and screens :-)

-Mats

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello Mats!

I’m still digging but keeping you posted in case you come up with some. With your latest clues I have come this far:

• Part status is active with all supplies and demands allowed.
  • The issue looks data related (or perhaps permissions related) - it exists in an upgraded environment but when I set up a similar scenario in my dev environment it works as expected.
  • Low level code is 0 also for the component
  • Action proposals are different depending on type of PMRP run:
    • With selective or per PNG I get one “Negative onhand” for the compent, but no “Need orders”.
    • With per activity I get none.

So, I’ll have to investigate where the upgraded scenario differs from the dev scenario...

Best regards,

Kenneth

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

One thing confuses me about the low level code calculation, though. I cannot see any status information about it in the background job, either in the working scenario or the non-working scenario. But I can see that in the code there is a section that inserts one “...low level code calculation started at...”

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi again and thanks Mats, the low level code was the clue that made us solve the problem finally:

• We are creating new structures by migration jobs into IFS Applications 8.
  • Then we are upgrading the database to IFS Cloud.
  • This means that the low level code is never set to -1 for the migrated parts, which would otherwise trigger the low level calculation.
  • If I do any structure change on the site in IFS Cloud, the low level calculation will be triggered and the PMRP will generate proposals and action messages as expected.
  • As discussed, we can also run the Cumulative Lead Time calculation either before or after the upgrade to get correct low level codes.

Cheers,

Kenneth