• 21 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Employee)
  • 50 replies

Hi, 

My customer is manufacturing a Configured Part

and also they buy this Configured Part from supplier (for OEM).

while, for IFS (both APPS 10 and IFS Cloud)

in IFS purchase order screen, it doesn’t allow to input a configured parts directly.

Is there any workaround for it?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by anbouk 21 October 2021, 11:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Shou,

Currently you cannot create an individual purchase order for a configured part, so the only way to do it is via a customer order, therefore maybe if you create one to auto generate a configured purchase order, receive it, then cancel the customer order, you will have it in stock?

See previous response here Purchase Order for Configurable Part | IFS Community

Regards,
Antony

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Another option is to create a DOP Header for the configured purchased part, you can create the configuration on the DOP Header and then release it into a Purchase Requisition which then must be converted into a Purchase Order. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Björn Hultgren Thanks for your great idea!

I would like to test this solution, and want to confirm that

how to release a DOP Header into Purchase Requistion?

Set the configed part’s [Default Supply Type] to “Requistion”?

The background is my customer both “make” & “buy” this configured part (mainly make),

so we set the Inventory Part’s Part Type to “Manufactured”

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Shou Unfortunately the DOP Order will create a Shop Order Requisition when released if the part type is Manufactured. You would have to unpeg and disconnect the shop order req and then create a new Purchase Requisition from the DOP order instead.So maybe not that feasible for you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Björn Hultgren Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I already did what you mentioned and succeed to create a Purchae Order.

Comparing to create a dummy customer order , seems this solution keeps less steps.

thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I cannot access the original response as outlined below.  Can you help me get access to the original post?  We are needing to do this same thing but DOP Headers will not work for us.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@anbouk  we are trying the customer order route you suggested above but we are getting the attached error.  Can you help?  Note - we are on APPS9.  Thank you!