Question

Using 3 (more than 2) decimals for calculations in Advanced Planning Board

• 4 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

The functionality is Operations Block and the field in question is “Resource Share”field.

IFS is using only “2” decimals and the customer needs to enter in “3” decimals . If we use 3 decimals in Resource Share, IFS is rounding up and giving us over capacity in Advance Planning Board.

Ex: If we use 0.125 in Resource Share field, Advance Planning Board rounds it up to 0.13 and capacity goes over in work center.

Is there a way to have Advanced Planning Board do the calculations with 3 digits and not round up the number to 2 digits?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

no I m afraid not.

I m wondering the nature of the business that requires 3 decimal level resource sharing? Could you please elaborate.

Thanks and regards

Saman

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

15 minutes = 0.25

7.5 minutes = 0.125

6 minutes = 0.1

3 minutes = 0.05

1 minute = 0.0167

It depends on how finely you want to divide the work the resource does.  It should be possible to go to at least 4 decimal places if you plan on the outcome to add up nicely to a full day or a full 100% of a resource.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

“Resource Share” and “ Run factor” are two different concepts.

I think in your above example, you are referring to the run factor.

you can of course define run factor as 0.0167 and that would get multiplied by lot size and the machine load will be decided upon it.

Resource share is basically “ how much “ of a resource that  is needed for that operation to perform in a given time instance.

Or did I understand your scenario completely wrong?

if you can  give an example of what you wanna do , probably I would be able to exaplain.

Thanks

Saman