Structure Default - Scrap Factor (%)

• 23 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

We set the a manufactured part Scrap Factor in Manufacturing Tab, Structure Default (please refer to attached screenshot), but this value does not bring forward to its component, i.e. in the shop order material line, we cannot see this value is brought forward to material line ‘Scrap Factor (%)’ column.

Wondering why?

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi Ronhu,

Can I please know whether the "Planning Data" tab too has the same scrap factor value available in the attached screenshot?
I have attached the relevant screenshot as well that you need to verify.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Eg. When you perform MRP for the site , Scrap factor of  manufactured parent will be considered hence requirement for the component will be automatically increased. This actually considered inside of Planning tools

But Defining Scrap factory for the parent just not pass it to Components in the defined structure, you can define scrap factor for the component in Prod structure structure lines . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Rameshi Nathaliya Thank you for your reply. in Planning Data|General Tab, i have 20% there. but it also no help to bring the scrap factor % in Manufacturing tab forward to product structure.

@CedKanchM i totally agreed what you said. but wondering the purpose to design the scrap factor field in Manufacturing tab. there must be a way, that system will consider this scrap factor, just we might have not realized it yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@ronhu  I believe you are correct. The values entered for Component Scrap and Scrap Factor on the Inventory Part/Manufacturing tab Structure Defaults  section should be defaulted when the part is added as a component in the Product Structure page. I believe it is a bug in the system that the information does not transfer as expected! Please report it as a support ticket.

The scrap factor of the component part in the BOM represents should not be confused with the scrap factor on the inventory part planning data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren like you comment. i will raise a ticket.

Thank you.