Multi-Company Project Reporting Step-by-Step Required

• 18 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 546 replies

Hi,

We are global company, and start using APP10 to set up multiple company reporting. We need knowledge on this.

we have bunches of engineers from Canada are working on a Belgium project. They are trying to use the Belgium report code to do the time reporting, but not be able to.

We know that could be resolved by MCPR setup,  your step-by-step documentation is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Vibhusitha Jananjaya 22 June 2021, 18:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @ronhu ,

In Multi-Company Project Reporting (MCPR), your employees would still need to report to their own project, using a report code from that project. In this case , the Canadian Employee would need to report to a Canadian “Supplier Project”.

To explain in detail, assume Company 600 is the Supplier Company where your engineers are employed. You will need to create a project there with necessary reporting codes. The customer in this project will be your other subsidiary in Belgium (internal customer).

Similarly, you will need to have a project in your Belgian company (410 in below example) with the necessary Work-Breakdown Structure and Report Codes. This is connected to final customer who will be invoiced.

You can then connect two activities from these projects in the window “Multi-Company Project Reporting Activity Link Setup” (Other options are also available from each each activity and Sub-Project to do the same setup if you so wish)

There is a HR setup done in each company in “Company Details” to enable MCPR and the property MCPRENABLE is required in both companies. Additionally, there are properties related to automatic employee creation which are useful and recommended to be set up in the “Customer Company”, so that you will not need to manually create employee files for the same time reporting employees in that company.

Afterwards your engineers can report time as usual in Project Time Registration to the relevant supplier company activities in the Canadian company and transactions would be created automatically in the Belgian company.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,
Pradeep

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

MCPRENABLE property to be set up in both companies (Supplier and Customer). This is mandatory.

Other useful properties that are available to be set up. The Employee related ones to be set up in the “Customer Company” i.e the Belgian company in your case, that will help with automatic employee creation

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Pradeep,

appreciated your help. i will try this out.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Pradeep,

I am successfully created the multi-company project transactions. 

just wondering what is the next step, how to bill the customer company, for example, how to pass the project invoice to the customer company?

many thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @ronhu 

Once you have created MCPR transactions, you have to follow the normal invoice creation process.

Depending on the ‘Multi-Company Revenue Reporting Method’ the setup required will be a bit different.

a) When reporting method is “Multi-Company Project Reporting Voucher”

This is very easy. No need to have any other setup. Make sure, your transactions are invoicable.

Then using “Create Project Invoice’ screen you can create the project invoices.

b) When reporting method is “Project Invoice” - I think this is what you have in your setup.

1. Please refer the attached PDF which has steps. It explains how to send invoices from Employee company (P11) to Customer company (P10), where Customer is ‘1010’ & Supplier is ‘5000’

2. Once the MHS setup is complete and project transaction are ready, (invoicable) use “Create Project Invoice’ screen you can create the project invoices.

(More information available in the PDF.)

Let me know if this information was helpful 😊

/Vibhu

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Vibhusitha Jananjaya  Many thanks. I will tried it out.

Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@ronhu - Were you able to go through the doc?

Just let us know if that was helpful to you  by marking it as the best answer.

If you have more questions please do ask.

/Vibhu