Question

How to make Routing Operation Overlapping

• 11 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

First of all, I’m using IFS version 7.5.

I have 8 operations for a part number and the actual manufacturing lead time is 1 day.

However, IFS calculated lead time is 2.22 days.

The reason is IFS assumed that these operations are running in sequence one by one.

That’s mean after Ops 10 completed 1500pcs, then only start Ops 20;  after Ops 20 completed 1500pcs, then only start Ops 30 and so on....

But in actual situation, Ops 20 will be started once Ops 10 completed 20pcs for example.

Since Ops 10 - 80 are not running in parallel, I tried to configure CBS Overlap. However, CBS Overlap does not impact manufacturing lead time.

Can anyone let me know how can I overcome this to shorten the manufacturing lead time?

Is there any setting to allow IFS 7.5 consider the CBS Overlap into the manufacturing lead time?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

KS Eng

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Unfortunately neither the lead time calculation nor the shop order scheduling handles operation overlaps in Apps 7.5. In this version overlap can only be handled by the finite Constraint Based Scheduling engine.

In apps 8 or maybe it was 9 this was enhanced so that overlaps are considered in the lead time calculation and the shop order (and CRP) scheduling. Now you can setup that next operation can start when you have completed 20 units on the previous operation.