Question

Apps 9 Single Sign On Troubleshooting

• 4 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Our org is trying to enable SSO in App 9  - Our existing FND user string is user Initials and Employee ID - but the mapping for these areas is not supported in the AD attributes when mapping the fields in the Active Directory user integration Config screen.

What’s the best way to enable SSO and retain the existing FNDUSER string?  All other attempts so far have created duplicate user / Person. 

I have managed to get to a point of using another AD field that is supported to hold the FNDuser and map to it - but the user still can’t log in - aside from selecting “connect with your current windows credentials” in the IFS app login screen is there anything else that needs to be switched on? (Also not really the cleanest way to do it either)

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

HI @K.mitch

Since there are pre-requisite steps that you need to follow-up with; have you configured based on the IFS Technical Documentation; if not please refer the following sections.

Foundation1 > Installation Guide > Installation Options > Security > Configure Single Sign On - SSO

Deploy IFS Applications Middle Tier (Single Sign-On Configuration)

Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you @Yasas Kasthuriarachchi, I will take a look at what you have attached above.

As a side note do you have a link to the Apps 9 Documentation?  I only have one to app 10 which only goes so far.  

Kind Regards,

Kirsten

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @K.mitch,
Sure you are welcome; you can use the same URL parts I have included above with hyperlinks by following up as per 

Unfortunately APP9 Technical documentation is not hosted publicly at the moment at docs.ifs.com hence you need to change the URL as per above information, or you can navigate using the paths I have mentioned after you opened the documentation from your server.

Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Yasas Kasthuriarachchi  

So all the points above have been done as part of the SSO set up but its not working.  Presumably because our IFS user ID is along the lines of KM123456 and our AD name is FirstName.LastName which is why it creates duplicate accounts. I have also tried with a test user sticking to the mapping that IFS created and it still also doesn’t work.