Question

Quick report Export to Excel Menu item?

• 22 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I have a “Right Mouse Button” menu item to generate a quick report.  Is there a way to have a menu click automatically generation the Export to Excel function for a quick report?  My user has to click several more buttons to send it to excel and that is what I want the menu item to do.

We are on Apps 10, Update 10

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@BillatREM 

Hi Bill,

There are several places which has the Export to Excel.

1. Business Reporting & Analysis → Ad hoc Reporting → Quick Reports

1. Solution Manager → Business Reporting & Analysis → Ad hoc Reporting → Quick Reports

Another place to find the Export to Excel
Business Reporting & Analysis → Ad hoc Reporting → Create New Quick Report

You can further refer F1 docs

Here it mentions about a known limitation. Export to Excel is not supported for SQL expressions which do not start with "SELECT" clause (Eg: - "WITH") due to a limitation in the PL/SQL access provider. Output channels could be used in such cases to export data to excel file.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Mino - Thanks for your post and F1 docs link.  We had a customer getting an Error 502 - Bad Gateway System Exception Error when attempting to use RMB/Export to Excel instead of the Output Channels.  It was happening on all of the Quick Reports where we used the “with” functionality.  Wrapping the code in a “select” fixed the issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Tracy,

Sorry, Its a limitation of PLSQL access provider. It has already mentioned in the documentation as well. 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/255_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/010_quickreports/default.htm#Known%20Limitations 

/Voshitha