Question

Crystal Reports Customer Order - File Name Apend

• 20 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey all,

We have a crystal report that handles our Customer Orders (Report Definition: CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP).

I’m just wondering is it possible when a user uses the print dialogue box in IFS to email a Customer Order to themselves that the PDF has the invoice number in the title?

E.g in the box below:

Example

Kind Regards,

Ryan

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @PD.Ryan.Kerr ,

You can do this easily by configuring a report rule. Although it’s a crystal report, it’s added under CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP. You can try this.

1. Add a report Rule for CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP report and add a Send Email action.

2.Then Edit Action properties

If you click the three dots after the filed in the AttachmentName, Set Expression dialog opens and there you can select Invoice No.

3.Now, I will print this report.

Following is the preview. - Invoice No is CR979920052 

Now you can receive the mail with the Invoice ID

Here, I just mentioned the attachment name, but you can further make changes to the mail format accordingly.

For further clarifications, you can check Report Rules Guidelines in F1 docs. The document are based on APP 10 track.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @PD.Ryan.Kerr ,

You can do this easily by configuring a report rule. Although it’s a crystal report, it’s added under CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP. You can try this.

1. Add a report Rule for CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP report and add a Send Email action.

2.Then Edit Action properties

If you click the three dots after the filed in the AttachmentName, Set Expression dialog opens and there you can select Invoice No.

3.Now, I will print this report.

Following is the preview. - Invoice No is CR979920052 

Now you can receive the mail with the Invoice ID

Here, I just mentioned the attachment name, but you can further make changes to the mail format accordingly.

For further clarifications, you can check Report Rules Guidelines in F1 docs. The document are based on APP 10 track.

Hi Minoshini,

Will this also work without including a To address? as I’d like this to fire to specific customers with the invoice Number on the attachment.

Regards,

Ryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@PD.Ryan.Kerr 

Hi Ryan,

To address is needed to fire the send to mail action. 

But if your requirement is to set mail according to the customer invoice, I hope following tip will be useful. I will provide an example to sending the mail to the customer mentioned in the customer invoice.

In this customer invoice, customer is TESTEXT.

I’ve set my mail under com method. In a real invoice, you can find a customer’s mail.

Now from the report rule action properties, you can open the Set Expression pop up, and if you scroll down you may find the CUSTOMER_EMAIL. Once you click, it will be set.

Now we can print..

Report came to the inbox. Mail was taken from customer’s settings. I hope in this way you can do it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Minoshini Fonseka  Good Afternoon,

Sorry for the delayed response. I’ve been investigating this and have noticed if the user clicks ‘Reprint Modified option on Customer Invoice’ and then clicks the output (below). It doesn’t seem to email the invoice with the invoice number?

Example image

Email output:

This is the Reporting rule I’ve setup (I think this is correct)

Regards,

Ryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @PD.Ryan.Kerr,

I think it’s better to check whether the report rule fires.

Along with this report rule actions, shall you create another action like set property at least to set the no of copies, and then check whether the report rule works. 

Again in your screen shot for the report rule, I noticed that ‘No Multi’ is checked. Would you uncheck and give a try.

If those does not work, please dispatch a case to us, we are happy to look into this further..