Solved

IFS Report Designer Training for IFS Cloud? Minor Change Required

• 26 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

I'm a consultant writing reports for a client and they have asked me to make amendments to their .RDL files in order to speed up the report development process. The initial requirement is very simple:

Change the IFS logo in the top corner of the report from the IFS logo to their logo and publish.

I have the IFS Report Designer but I’m not convinced that my environment is set up correctly.

Very simply, is there any form of remote training from IFS that I could get or is there someone that could to show me how to do this?

Thank you,

Craig.

icon

Best answer by MiLeNL 26 January 2023, 13:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

If you just want to change the logo, you don't need to make any report adjustment (assuming you are on cloud). Place the image you want in the ‘Report Images’ on the Logos tab.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/050_reporting/251_operational_reporting/210_report_images/

Go to Company and find the field Document Logotype. Give in the exact name of the image you just uploaded. It should now start to appear on the report layouts.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Brilliant.  Thank you for your speedy response.  It worked straight away.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I’m pretty sure that this will help us a lot in the short term.

I would, however, also like to be able to understand more about the IFS Report Designer and ultimately, be able to change the format and  add / remove data to satisfy the customer’s specific needs.

Would you know anyone who might provide a commercial service for training on this subject?

I don’t mind if it’s official IFS Training or just someone that knows what they are doing.

I’m happy for Direct Messages on this.

Badge +1

Hi,

@Craig_IFS8_to_Cloud , @MiLeNL )

In IFSCloud application I want o to know how to proceed in order to change the logo of an Operational Report.

I added the logo in the “Logo ” in the “Report Images” window.

From the following post I found some guidance as “… Go to Company and find the field Document Logotype...” But it is not clear to me on how to proceed.

Ref Post : IFS Report Designer Training for IFS Cloud? Minor Change Required | IFS Community

Can anyone elaborate the steps further on how to fetch the logo we uploaded in to a particular company when printing an operational report ?

The only step i did is adding the logo as a new record in “Report Images ” window as shown below.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Upulka.