Question

IFS Cloud File Storage - Azure Storage

• 29 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,

I understrand that we can have Azure storage using IFS Cloud File Storage in Document Managment.

can any one share entried to be done in EDM Basic to configure

REgards

Pankaj

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@paguin The documentation to set this up can be found below:

IFS Cloud File Storage - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Please be aware of the following note, though:

Note: File Storage is only supported in IFS managed cloud deployments. This ensures the Azure Blob Storage is provisioned and ready to use.

We have this setup in our IFS Managed Cloud Deployment and it works just fine.  The setup only took a couple of minutes.  If you are self-hosted, I don’t know what you would have to do (or if you can) make this work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello @SeeingSharp ,

Thanks for your reply.

Where to i define details of azure blob storage. where can this be mapped within IFS. so i can use it as file storage

I have Azure blob storage account. the VM Is also hosted in Azure. Document does not talk about the information required on these 2 screens.

Any info will be greatly appriciated.

Best Regards

Pankaj

Badge +2

Can i know the setup for this? 

Useful if someone can provide how this can be done for a ifs managed cloud in 23R2 please?

@SeeingSharp @paguin 

Badge

We used the details found here to set up cloud storage.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/030_administration/210_cloud_file_storage/#setup_file_storage

The setup is very quick.  Once file storage was configured, we used the “Transfer Documents” screen in IFS to move files between repositories.  We moved about 50,000 documents.

After that was complete, we opened a ticket with Unified Support to do a database reorg and reclaim the space.

Best of luck