Question

Favorites - IFS Cloud

• 21 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I’m a supervisor at a call center that uses IFS to take orders from our customers.   We’re excited to launch IFS Cloud soon. As we’re preparing for the launch, I noticed there’s a favorites option.

I tried creating a few favorite accounts in the customer order screen, so they display when we click the customer field in a new order.  And we can create a few favorite pay term methods, so we don't have such a long list to scroll through since we primarily use credit card, and net 30. Would anyone be able to share how you’re using the favorites feature? Does anyone know if there is a way to favorite sales parts so that when we create an order, the favorites display across all accounts? 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Connie this is not how the Favorites work. Basically favorites are helpful when you want to save time when searching though a list.

There’s a predefined filter in the search to show Favorites. Once you press the Favorites filter, it will show only those records that are marked as favorite by the user. There’s no option to use favorites to make connections between customers / parts.

Good luck with the IFS Cloud GO-live ✅

Badge +1

Exactly, since we have hundreds of products, we’d like to be able to create a short list of favorites that we use often like our catalog, the order form, and the paper bags.  Then when our reps are taking an order, if would be so helpful to select favorites in the sales part field and be able to add something to the order from that list. We can do this individually for each account but it sure would be nice if we could create a list that would be available for every order and every customer.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Connie It is possible to Export and Imports Favorites in Profile page so that it is possible to copy the same sales part favorite list to all required users.

Navigate to the user profiles in Profiles page

Then check the User > ifsweb > FavoriteRecords section

Required Favorite Records can then be exported and imported.

Hope this helps !

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Connie,

I believe the import and export option is the only way for you to make those visible across users. On the same note, may be you can also explore the use of ‘Save Search’ option/feature, so that you can create filters using fields such as Sales Group or Sales Price Group to narrow down the results or make searches specific to certain records.

Regards,

Arunalu

Badge +1

I think I found what we needed.  Since we have multiple warehouses, i was creating the favorite sales part from an order coming out of one of the warehouses and those favorites were saved for only that site. So, i went to sales parts directly and favorited the same part number for all sites and now my favorites list displays for any order regardless of what site it is shipping out of.  As far as creating the favorites for all our customer care reps,  I think the suggestion from Buddhika Kurera to update the user profiles will do just what we need.  Thank you!