Question

XML & EDI

• 2 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Currently we have a few customer fields we have on Customer Order and we utilize EDI functionality. Thus we use IFS’s out of the box XML (bizAPIs). Has anoyne found a way to add additional information that can flow to a custom field or would this be an IFS modification. 

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Ngerst ,

We've done this for several customers on a few of the different standard BizAPIs without modification. The solution uses a mixture of customisation and some additional logic to retrieve the values from the incoming messages.

Drop me a message if you'd like to discuss further.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Ngerst,

We use custom APIs to import EDI, and also to generate custom XML output where information is missing from the standard EDIFACT.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@GPIE may I ask do you use Incoming Customer Order to capture these custom APIs? Also what version are you on 9 or 10?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@GPIE may I ask do you use Incoming Customer Order to capture these custom APIs? Also what version are you on 9 or 10?

Our process is a little more convoluted.

For our biggest customer, EDI releases and schedules currently come into (IFS) Incoming Customer Schedules by way of DOS batch files calling PLSQL scripts that process converted text files, they then get processed into Customer Schedules and after being Approved and Released, those schedules create Customer Order Lines (for EDI lines with Delivery Authorised status).

We are about to switch to an improved process where IFS will import XML EDI files using the built-in IFS process. We had to have our EDI mappings redeveloped to generate the IFS native file format.

We then have a couple of customers that don’t use EDI so we developed PLSQL custom APIs to import spreadsheets directly into IFS, but we have not yet implemented them as we may convert those to the IFS native file format too. I don’t think that our code would help you directly, but I’d be willing to share what we have to give you an idea of what would be involved in creating a custom import script. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Mike.Hollifield ,

We need to implement a solution to allow us an inquiry price list and send supplier order parts from our IFS system (version 9) to our supplier system. My supplier system accepts two methods (XML and EDI). I am new on IFS world and I  didn’t find any documentation that explains how to implement an EDI solution to send a request of price list, send a supplier order for example.

Can you or any colleague that works on IFS help me?

Thanks,

Gianni Neves

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @gianni.neves ,

you can check on topics IFS Connect and IFS Connectivity on https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/ for sending for ORDERS message from IFS Connectivity to Supplier with Connect framework.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,
Perhaps this other post can help you regarding using of custom fields in standard EDI flow:

Regards,

Pilar