Solved

Undefined bind variable 'i_hWndFrame'

• 14 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Greetings, IFS Community.

I have a report that works in IFS9 but generates this error below in IFS10. See screenshot below.

It only generates when the report contains a bind variable in the SQL. If the bind variable is removed and the DISTINCT values are passed from the Business Segment, the report works correctly. See the Screenshot 2.-

Fyi. In the PLSQL Developer IDE tool, the SQL works fine with bind variables using the DB for IFS 10. 

Keep in mind that the error happens in IFS10 not IFS9.

This topic is discussed at the following URL in IFS

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/050_development/022_user_interface/045_ee_dev/027_apf_development/800_references/020_window_level_activities/660_execute_plsql_methods.htm

Please find below a screenshot that explains the bind variable and the IN.

Please note that reports work with the IN but not with the Bind Variable

Screenshot 2.

Here is the message after click on the view detail.

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method AccessPlsql/Invoke ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndServerFaultException: Undefined bind variable 'i_hWndFrame'

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.ParseErrorHeader(FndBuffer buffer, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.UnMarshalResponseHeader(Stream responseStream, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.HandleHttpSuccessResult(HttpWebResponse result, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, String operation, FndBodyType responseBodyType, Object responseBody)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(String intface, String operation, Object requestBody, Object responseBody, FndRequestContext requestContext, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommandCollection.Invoke()

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLSelectCommandReader.Read(Boolean prepare)

at Ifs.Fnd.Data.ADONetProvider.FndAPCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

Thanks,

JL

icon

Best answer by ZTC ZTC JGOTA 17 October 2023, 22:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA 

How are you ordering the report?

Is it from a custom menu or from the quick report window

/Damith

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @dsj 

This issue arises from a quick report window.

I have done some testing. This was an old report that used (+) joins type and IFS quick report did not like it for some reason. I have changed the join to an inner join and it is now working.  I am not sure if the issue was due to the type of join, but as soon as I changed to the inner join type, everything worked as expected.