Solved

Receive EDI 856 Acknowledgements from customer

• 9 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I would like to set up IFS to receive 856 acknowledgements (997) from our customers. The end goal would be that it would update the shipment status to let our shipping associates whether the ASN was sent successfully or had errors. I found a reference to RECADV2 in the IFS Application Online Documentation under Shipment, Order Delivery but it appears to be a dead end.

icon

Best answer by GPIE 10 November 2020, 10:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @NSRJMITCHELL,

This will be a good place to start:

/ifsdoc/documentation/en/Supsch/dlgSuppSchedTransfer.htm

/ifsdoc/f1doc/foundation1/040_administration/240_integration/310_connectivity/900_technical_details/default.htm

You will either need to convert the X12 message to the IFS EDIFACT format before you import it, or use custom code.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you @GPIE … do you know if there is an XSD (schema) I could use to accomplish this? I would map the incoming X12 to the IFD EDIFACT.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I wish. At least not that I am aware of.

We have used Odex from Data Interchange for many years to rewrite EDI messages so we are using that to convert VDA to Edifact.

You will probably have to create your own or pay a third party to do it. I would love to tackle this as a project for our data but don’t have the time or resources internally.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you!