Question

Print screen IFS Lobby

• 16 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We are using a couple of lobbies in IFS Cloud for KPI measuring.

Is there a good way to monitor these lobbies on big screens out in production? Is there a tool in IFS that can export a printout of the lobby, or is there some way for other application to read Lobby elements?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

How about opening the Lobby in IFS Cloud, collapsing the navigator and going fullscreen on your browser so that everyone can see the live Lobby data on the big screens? Perhaps with a page refresh every 15 minutes or so, so that the session lives on and the KPI’s are updated in near real time? 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

How about opening the Lobby in IFS Cloud, collapsing the navigator and going fullscreen on your browser so that everyone can see the live Lobby data on the big screens? Perhaps with a page refresh every 15 minutes or so, so that the session lives on and the KPI’s are updated in near real time? 🙂

I agree. This is the simplest approach. 👍🏼

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks,

We were thinking the same. Our first thought was to make it as an embedded iframe in our SharePoint, but we got refused-to-connect errors when trying that. If we could do that, we could make the KPIs available both on monitors and for employees visiting the SharePoint.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Like @Rukmal Fernando said, I would just run IFS and put the lobby into full screen mode, and set the lobbies to auto refresh every 5 minutes or so.

I would also suggest that:

1. The dedicated account used to connect to the lobby only has minimal access to what it needs
  2. Keep the PC itself with no screensaver and keep it locked in a secure location/cabinet so nobody can get to it to use it for other things (if you don’t want anyone in production changing the actual lobby or e.g. streaming the football match during the day)
  3. Set the IFS account to have no idle timeout.  I’m not sure whether an automatically refreshing lobby will keep the active session alive indefinitely.
  4. Add the lobby page URL to the PC auto-start so that when the PC is restarted it will automatically return to IFS.

Nick