Solved

Permissions - Access to Transfer Route WO

• 23 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

We have developed new permission sets from scratch and users are unable to RMB->Transfer to Mobile off the Report in Route screen but they can transfer WOs from Report in Work Order

I have run debug and the permission set has access to the screen and underlying database view.

Anyone know what we are missing here to enable this option!?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by SHAUN_KERSLAKE 14 April 2020, 09:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Does the option appear at all in the Route screen for anyone even IFSAPP?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@johnw66  Yes if you log in with IFSAPP or a user which has been granted access to all the system that the option appears. 

However when granting it within a new permission set I cannot get this RMB option to be enabled. 

I have run debug and checked the underlying APIs and views which are called, and the permission set has access to each of these.

As I said the permission set allows the user to Transfer to Mobile for work orders off the Report In Work Order screen but not the Report in Route screen. 

There must be a specific view/API or presentation object which is missing somewhere but it is needle in the haystack stuff at moment!

Userlevel 7

@johnw66  Yes if you log in with IFSAPP or a user which has been granted access to all the system that the option appears. 

However when granting it within a new permission set I cannot get this RMB option to be enabled. 

I have run debug and checked the underlying APIs and views which are called, and the permission set has access to each of these.

As I said the permission set allows the user to Transfer to Mobile for work orders off the Report In Work Order screen but not the Report in Route screen. 

There must be a specific view/API or presentation object which is missing somewhere but it is needle in the haystack stuff at moment!

Have you checked that the menu option isn’t just hidden for that particular profile? Which version of Applications is this? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

All,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have now resolved the issue through the below:

In PcmPresObjectRepository.ins file which defines presentation objects for maintenance module, mentioned 2 views (MOBMGR_ACTIVE_ROUTE_WO and MOBMGR_ROUTE_WO) were not connected to the form frmWorkOrderRoundTab. 

As granting these views to the permission set has resolved the issue.

This was confirmed by IFS Support after their investigations.

Apparently there is no screen or means of knowing this information in advance which is not very helpful for the customer. 

As a customer/user of IFS, you naturally assume by granting full access grants all the necessary views/APIs to the permission set, but obviously this is not the case.

Regards

Shaun