Solved

PDF Archive no being created

• 1 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I just discovered that on May 26th customer invoices quit creating a pdf archive file.  It appears that other reports such as delivery report, purchase orders etc are still being created.  These pdf files are needed by the report rule process to automatically email invoices to customers.  I cannot figure out why they are not being created.  Can anyone suggest what might be causing the problem.  It is not a user specific problem.  Same person can create a PO arrival pdf archive report.  From the report archive if you RMB on an invoice Show PDF is greyed out.

Thanks

Phil

icon

Best answer by NickPorter 1 June 2020, 17:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

We have a very similar issue in Apps10, but in our case it only seems to happen when we batch print invoices (using the IFS feature to do so), it only fails to print one of them in a batch, and it only does it sometimes.  Had an IFS Case open for a month or so now for this and it seems to be happening more frequently as time goes on.  When we reprint the one that failed to generate a PDF it then generates it no problem.  IFS is investigating.

In your case if NO invoices are generating PDF files then you might simply have a setup issue, but I wanted to let you know about our Case just in case it is somehow related.

Perhaps someone changed your report layout to be a different format that doesn’t need a PDF to be created (like Crystal Reports layouts do)?

Nick

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I have discovered the jobs are in the Print Manager with a status of Waiting.  I can RMB and select Restart but it does not do anything.  Any idea what would cause this.  Should I restart services on MWS tonight?

Phil

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

You might also find 1 job stuck in a Working or Processing or similar state...  If so, try to kill that and the others will likely start processing. 

If these are Crystal Report layouts then you may also need to restart IIS on the CRWebService machine.

If this doesn’t work or doesn’t apply you could reinitialize the Batch Queue used for printing.

I would restart MWS as a final backstop if the above doesn’t work.

Nick

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I finally found the problem.  I kept looking for a stuck background job.  It ended up being a Print Manager job that needed deleting.  Once it was deleted everything behind it started processing.  Thanks for your help Nick.

Phil