Solved

No data found

• 30 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

We currently have multiple companies set up in IFS. I am able to view the GL Balance Analysis for the main company, but am unable to view it for the other companies.

It gives me the ‘Information Message’ saying No data found.

I can access the session in all the companies, but am only able to generate data from the main company and not the others. I’m guessing this might be some permission that is not set up properly? Our system administrator doesn’t know where to look to grant me access.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Lawrence

icon

Best answer by MikeArbon 30 March 2020, 11:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi,

We currently have multiple companies set up in IFS. I am able to view the GL Balance Analysis for the main company, but am unable to view it for the other companies.

It gives me the ‘Information Message’ saying No data found.

I can access the session in all the companies, but am only able to generate data from the main company and not the others. I’m guessing this might be some permission that is not set up properly? Our system administrator doesn’t know where to look to grant me access.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Lawrence

What if you hit the magnifying glass in the header and then hit search to populate the screen? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Lawrence

Definitely sounds like an access issue. You need to be granted access to the companies, of which is usually served in the Solution Manager - Security - Users area. When the admin locates your user record, they can expand ‘Companies & Sites’ - Companies, and then check the required companies.

I am struggling to recall if you also need additional ‘Business Roles’ for accessing company information for Balance Analysis… You could find that in the same window - Business Roles - General Ledger - Authorize classes.

Of course, you may need to seek approval for such access. I am sure you are aware of all that stuff.

Cheers

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Lawrence, has the user been assigned to one of the User Groups for the Companies concerned.

Accounting Rules > User Related Data > Users per User Group

Regards

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You need specific access to the General Ledger for each company - GL AuthorizeClasses.  It is separate to Users per User Group and separate to permissions.  If you can see it for one but not another, it is not the permissions. @MikeArbon mentioned the location in his reply too.  That would be the first place to check.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Lawrence

Definitely sounds like an access issue. You need to be granted access to the companies, of which is usually served in the Solution Manager - Security - Users area. When the admin locates your user record, they can expand ‘Companies & Sites’ - Companies, and then check the required companies.

I am struggling to recall if you also need additional ‘Business Roles’ for accessing company information for Balance Analysis… You could find that in the same window - Business Roles - General Ledger - Authorize classes.

Of course, you may need to seek approval for such access. I am sure you are aware of all that stuff.

Cheers

Mike

Yes thanks Mike! It was the Authorization Classes that had to be updated.

Once I was added into the other companies, all the data populated perfectly!

I have another issue with the Supplier Analysis session, but I’ll make another post for that.
Edit: I've just figured out I had to manually tick the box ‘Auto Populate’ for data to populate. Weird how by default the box isn’t ticked. But that solves my Supplier Analysis issue.

Cheers,

Lawrence