Question

IFS Cloud - Move/assign a method to a new batch queue

• 4 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Employee)
  • 14 replies

Goal: move a method listed in the Default queue to a newly created batch queue. 

Create a new batch queue for example “Customer Order”

I want to move the method “CUSTOMER_ORDER_INV_HEAD_API.PRINT_INVOICES” listed in the Default batch queue to the batch queue “Customer Order”.

I cannot find the above method when I try to move/assign the method to the new batch queue.

Please let me know if I am missing a step or workaround to complete this task.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hey Salman,

You should be able to go to the details screen for the new queue you created and add a new line then enter the new method (CUSTOMER_ORDER_INV_HEAD_API.PRINT_INVOICES) that you want to run in it.

HTH,

Nick

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Nick: Thank you for your response.  I can move other methods without any issue but this one fails.

Cannot find the method during the method search step.  The save process error out “method not found” when I copy/paste the method into the new queue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

That's strange.  In IFS Cloud I’ve found I needed to copy/paste or manually enter the method to the new line (i.e. not search) but I never had trouble saving it.

Are you sure that your account and/or the system account are able to access the method?  The only other thing I can think of is that you may have a leading or trailing space or something in the copy/paste that is making that incorrect but isn’t visible.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I am logged in as App-Owner and I have also moved multiple methods to the different batch queues without issue. But no luck with this method only “CUSTOMER_ORDER_INV_HEAD_API.PRINT_INVOICES”.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @SASIUS 

CUSTOMER_ORDER_INV_HEAD_API.PRINT_INVOICES has IN OUT parameter as argument (checked in 23R1)

Methods with IN OUT parameters are not schedulable as Database Tasks. Hope that explains why it’s not listed in the batch queue methods.

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Damith - Thank you for the tip.

The LOV is created from BATCH_SCHEDULABLE_METHOD_MV and the Print_invoices method is not listed due to the where clause.