Question

IFS Apps 10 upd 17-18 quick reports parameters issue

Badge +3

Hi All.

We are runing IFS Apps 10 upd 18. 

After update we struggling with issue of transfering parameters from IEE to quick reports. In standard way when quick report is getting parameter from filed in text format is putted i ‘(apostrophe) and separeted by , (comma). After update in application window is looking same but to report is transfered by adding extra ‘ (apostrophe), and we are not abe to put serveral values to quickr eports parameter. Exmaple below.

oryginal report value from report definition

value from debugger of report

Did anyone of You had simillar issue?

Best regards.

14 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

It looks like the issue is with missing query flags.  In IFSAPP9 and IFSAPP10, you could specify Query Flags for the quick report parameters to search for multiple values.

Please edit your query as below and try executing the report and see if it does the job for you.

sma.order_no LIKE '&[-C--L]sma.order_no '

>>Below are the list of flags you could use;

• M=Mandatory
  • C=Custom (simplified or 'values only')
  • S=Single flag
  • B=Allow Between expressions
  • L=Allow wildcards ('%' and '_')

You may refer below link for more on query flags :

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/050_development/026_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/070_dev_qrep/default.htm

Badge +3

Hi tryied flags also but no change, still is adding extra ‘  or directly like You wroted  “ no data found”

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi, can you add the full sql query you are using here.

Badge +3

Sure, here You are, this is oryginal one.

select 
listagg(zp,', ') within group (order by kod) ZP, 
kooperant, kod, opis, sum(suma_do_wydania) suma_do_wydania
from (
select sma.order_no zp, so.cf$_nfm_id_dostawcy kooperant, sma.part_no kod, INVENTORY_PART_API.Get_Description(sma.CONTRACT, sma.PART_NO) opis, 
(sma.qty_required) - (sma.qty_assigned) - (sma.qty_issued) suma_do_wydania
from SHOP_MATERIAL_ALLOC sma, SHOP_ORD_cfv so
where 
sma.order_no = so.order_no
and sma.release_no = so.release_no
and sma.sequence_no = so.sequence_no
and sma.order_no in (&WPISZ_ZP)
and (sma.qty_required) - (sma.qty_assigned) - (sma.qty_issued) > 0
) group by kooperant, kod, opis
order by 1

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

Try to edit the statement like this >> sma.order_no LIKE '&[-C--L]order_no' (take out ‘sma’ after the flags). So the query would like below

and sma.order_no LIKE '&[-C--L]order_no'

Also when prompting for the parameters try and see by entering the values without quotes and use ‘;’ to separate the values.

Like in below example;

Badge +3

Treid it like that but without result. Option with apostrophe and comma result below:

option with semicolon

Regardig to use semicolon insted of apostrophe and comma, IFS Apps EE by default is putting data for parameter “devided” by apostrophe and comma. There is option to change it to semicolon? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

I don’t think there is an option to change that. Let’s wait for any other expert ideas on this. If non of the above did work for you, I suggest you to raise this with IFS.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, did you manage to resolve this?

We’ve just had Update 17 deployed, and now have an issue with a custom menu and quick report using expandable parameters, which was previously working fine.

Badge +3

Hi, did you manage to resolve this?

We’ve just had Update 17 deployed, and now have an issue with a custom menu and quick report using expandable parameters, which was previously working fine.

Hi. It was marked as bug to IFS. WE got update for that.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

hi @nmmjacek - Have you any infomation on the bug fix ID for this.

We are currently testing UPD 17-20 and have this issue.

I don’t fancy re-writing all our quick reports!

Badge +3

hi @nmmjacek - Have you any infomation on the bug fix ID for this.

Hi @Matthew sorry no. We got fix from our partner. Bug was releted to some update for sql injection possibilities. 

Best regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Matthew sorry no. We got fix from our partner. Bug was releted to some update for sql injection possibilities. 

Best regards.

Found the answer to out issue - In System Paramaters  - Reporting    ‘Enable bind variables for SQL Quick Reports in IFS EE’ is new. It is set to True by default.

Setting to False made the reports work for us.

Badge +3

Hi @Matthew sorry no. We got fix from our partner. Bug was releted to some update for sql injection possibilities. 

Best regards.

Found the answer to out issue - In System Paramaters  - Reporting    ‘Enable bind variables for SQL Quick Reports in IFS EE’ is new. It is set to True by default.

Setting to False made the reports work for us.

I have same setting.

Badge +1

After UPD 17-20 applied Custom Menus using Quick Reports giving this error:

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Explorer: An Unhandled Exception has occurred ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at Ifs.Application.InfoServicesFramework.InfoServicesService.GetQRParameters(String quickReportId, Dictionary`2& reportParams)
   at Ifs.Application.InfoServicesFramework.InfoServicesService.OpenPublicQuickReport(String quickReportId, Dictionary`2 reportParameters)
   at Ifs.Application.InfoServicesFramework.InfoServicesService.ExecuteAndViewQuickReport(String quickReportId, Dictionary`2 reportParameters)
   at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.FndContextMenu.ExecuteReport(cMessage customMenuParams, SalNumber menuType, SalWindowHandle ownerWindow)
   at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.FndContextMenu.AppFormMenuItemCommands_Execute(Object sender, FndCommandExecuteEventArgs e)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Windows.Forms.FndCommand.OnExecute(Component component)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Windows.Forms.FndContextMenuStrip.ExecuteCommand(ToolStripMenuItem menuItem, EventArgs e)
   at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.FndContextMenuStripInternal.ExecuteCommand(ToolStripMenuItem menuItem, EventArgs e)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Windows.Forms.FndToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I tried the System Parameters fix suggested and it fixed other issues we were having with Quick Reports, but not this issue with the Custom Menu.

When I run the Quick Report by itself it runs, but when I use the custom field get error.

Details for Quick Report:

Anyone else see this or have any suggestions?