Question

Identifying last selected line on RMB action

• 1 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 4 replies

Hello,

we are using IFS10 - UPD14 (IE client, not Aurena). I need help on the follwing scenario.

Scenario:

• On a customer order, choose multiple order lines from customer order form.
  • RMB (on multiple lines highlighted) and perform an action.
  • In the action method ( custom menu, PL/SQL code), I need to perform a unique action on the last line selected.

Question:

How do I identify the last line from RMB selection list, in my custom menu, PL/SQL block?, so that I can perform unique action on the last line.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Aru

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@arum The values are passed to the custom menu from the Customer Order Lines. Assuming the order is not significant to your calculation, you can check the last line using the values passed.

The PK for Customer Order Line is ORDER_NO, LINE_NO, REL_NO, LINE_ITEM_NO. By sorting this value for lines, you would be able to find the last time. Then perform your special calculation when the last line is reached (counter can also be used, when the number of lines are known).

AFAIK, there is no straight forward method to identify the last line. Specially when the sort order is different in the CO.

Hope this helps and waiting for others ideas too !

Badge +2

Buddhika,

Thanks for your response. I am not sure how do I get the last line, while each line is processed individually to custom method. If I understand correctly, while multiple lines selected and processed through RMB, the custom method is called for line one and complete and then called again for second line as new and no information about the first or previous line is there, and so on.

Please let me know, if I miss something.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

In custom RMB line is identified by rowkey/objkey and PL SQL block is send one by one line wise.

If you write the custom RMB logic in customer order level and get the lines to CURSOR then you can sort and do some thing

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

One idea . you can use custom check box column for lines for selection purpose and use custom RMB in customer order header.  Do what ever requirement in the logic and and deselect the check box after logic execution.

Badge +2

Dumeesha,

Thanks for your suggestions. Let me give an example of the scenario,

Scenario:

1. There is a customer order having 5 lines.
  2. User highlight any three lines and perform an action using RMB (which is PL/SQL block).

Requirement:

1. The code in the PL/SQL block process each line.
  2.  I need to perform an action to each line selected. Also, I need to perform an action only once at the last line.
  3. All I need is to be able to get the number of lines that user chosen or the Last line of the highlighted lines.  
  4. Is there any framework variable or indication that I can access in PL/SQL block to get this?

I am not able to use the cursor or counter just using order_no and /or, line_no, rel_no and line_item_no, since it will either get one line or all line of the order.

Thanks,

Aru

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

I am not sure whether your requirement is achievable with PL SQL block which send to DB via custom RMB.

How do you define last line. User can select a particular line from here and there from the all line.

What you can think of only sorting orders. May be with line no,

Your selection of lines happen in client side and until it is passed to db via the pl sql block DB doesn’t know your selected line. If you have the client code changing capability then client code can find what is your last selected line and do the specific login on that

Badge +2

Dumeesha,

I am not sure that is why I asked for help in the community! I am wondering if anyone gone through this kind of scenario or to see if there is any variable of framework, I can use to identify last line or number of lines highlighted.

-Aru