Solved

How to fix 'Could not load resource file Ifs.Fnd.Core.resources.dll from ZIP'

• 30 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi, 

Could anyone let me know how to fix ‘Could not load resource file Ifs.Fnd.Core.resources.dll from ZIP’. 

Seems to be a framework issue? Any suggestions how to fix it

Thank you

Best regards,

Shangavi

icon

Best answer by Shangavi Subendrarajah 30 September 2022, 17:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Shangavi Subendrarajah,

What is the impact of this? Do you see any issues in the application due to this?

Could be a client cache issue. Have you tried refreshing ClickOnce cache? You follow below steps for that.

1. Make sure that no IFS windows are open on the client machine.
  2. Open a command prompt. 
  3. In the command prompt, paste below command and press enter:
     rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache

This would run in the background for a few minutes. After about 10 minutes, try to log into the application and see if you get the same error.

You can also try following:

Open Debug Console and go to Tools → Download all packages. This would download all the dlls to the client machine and would take a while. Once finished try to log back in and see if you still encounter the issue. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Charith Epitawatta,

The situation is like, in the Organization Chart window, in Employees tab we get an error mentioning that ‘Buffer cannot be null. Parameter name: buffer’ (Error is displayed in the bottom).   

When i checked the debug console, I found that this above message ‘Could not load resource file Ifs.Fnd.Core.resources.dll from ZIP’.

I tried as you mentioned to refresh ClickOnce cache and Downloaded all packages from debug console. 

Still the issue get not resolved. 

Any other workaround is there to fix this issue?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Shangavi

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

This issue was in Organization Chart when we select on Employee Tab and select the underlined Org Code. 

It was noted in the debug with framework, in server trace below query was found.

SELECT a1.BUSINESS_UNIT_ID, a1.PICTURE_ID
 , a2.OBJID, a2.OBJVERSION, a2.BLOB_ID, a2.APPLICATION_DATA, a2.BINARY_OBJECT_TYPE_DB, a2.DISPLAY_TEXT, a2.EXTERNAL_STORAGE, a2.FILE_NAME, a2.FILE_PATH, a2.LENGTH
FROM (SELECT bu.business_unit_id, pip.picture_id 
      FROM IFSAPP.person_info_public pip,      IFSAPP.business_unit bu 
      WHERE pip.person_id = nvl(bu.person_id, IFSAPP.Company_Pers_API.Get_Person_Id(bu.company_id, bu.emp_no)) ) a1, IFSAPP.BINARY_OBJECT a2
WHERE (a1.PICTURE_ID = a2.BLOB_ID(+))
AND a1.BUSINESS_UNIT_ID = :P1;

When we check the Binary_Object it has file_path and file_name. When we remove them from the table and re-run the flow again the issue got sorted.

Regards,

Shangavi