Solved

How to delete an existing IAL?

• 13 December 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi! Everyone,  Is there anybody can help me on this issue.

I use IFS8.  In function IAL Object Developer, how can I delete an existing IAL when it is not used anymore? Seems the button ‘delete’ is always inactive.

icon

Best answer by Bright Zhao 15 December 2021, 08:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Bright Zhao,

I just quickly had a look and it seems we cannot remove IALs from IEE.

When you create an IAL object, it creates the relevant views/table under IAL Owner Oracle user(usually named IFSINFO). So you could just find them and directly drop them from the database. For instance, if your IAL Object was named TEST, 2 views named TEST and TEST_IAL will be created created under IAL Owner user.

See the attached document from F1 Documentations.

Once the tables are dropped, you can delete any replication jobs you have created for that IAL as well, from IAL Configuration window.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, 

Go to IAL Configuration Window, There you see a delete button highlighted. But System doesn’t verify the dependent IAL (If IAL created in reference of another IAL) that need to be checked manually. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi, 

Go to IAL Configuration Window, There you see a delete button highlighted. But System doesn’t verify the dependent IAL (If IAL created in reference of another IAL) that need to be checked manually. 

Thanks 

This advise from @LPREDDY seems correct. If you just delete the replication schedule, it seems to drop the underlying db objects too. :) So no need to drop directly from the database.

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi, 

Thanks 

This advise from @LPREDDY seems correct. If you just delete the replication schedule, it seems to drop the underlying db objects too. :) So no need to drop directly from the database.

Thanks!

Hi! @Charith Epitawatta and @LPREDDY 

Thanks for your quick reply first.

I have no way to confirm if the IAL is deleted if I delete it in IAL configuration. There must be 1 table which is used to save IAL basic information. But I have no password for IFSINFO, so I can not check it from the table. Do you have any idea which I can confirm it?

Now I have 2nd question.

I create 1 IAL (named FINANCE_OVERDUE_SHOP_ORD) with user IFSAPP yesterday and 1 IAL (named FIN_INV_AGE_LOC_BZ) with my IFS ID  (I am granted with IFS_ALL) today.  Then today I try grant them to permission set IFS_ALL. I only find FINANCE_OVERDUE_SHOP_ORD in list. Can not find FIN_INV_AGE_LOC_BZ in list. Could you give me some suggestion why it happen and how to avoid it happen again in future?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Again, 

To verify you need not require to have IFSINFO password, you can login to SQL/PLSQL and type in Select * from ifsinfo.IAL_NAME you will end up in an error. 

To deploy and configure IAL you must have a permission set “FND_IAL_ADMIN”. 

Thanks 

L P Reddy 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Again, 

To verify you need not require to have IFSINFO password, you can login to SQL/PLSQL and type in Select * from ifsinfo.IAL_NAME you will end up in an error. 

To deploy and configure IAL you must have a permission set “FND_IAL_ADMIN”. 

Thanks 

L P Reddy 

Yes, It popup error message when I run SQL with ifsinfo.IAL_NAME after I removed related configuration. Good Idea!

I have almost same right as IFSAPP. Here are IFSAPP and my ID (BRZHCN) granted permission sets, both have IFSAPP, either no any permission sets start with FND_. And I can not find set FND_IAL_ADMIN. Because I use IFS 8?

I create a new IAL with ID IFSAPP just now. I can not find it in permission set still. I am going crazy.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, 

Refresh the cache, if the Security grant screen is open then do close it and reopen the same. 

Thanks

L P Reddy 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi, 

Refresh the cache, if the Security grant screen is open then do close it and reopen the same. 

Thanks

L P Reddy 

I don’t know refresh server cache. I have done other operations, like close and open again. I refreshed security cache also. but I don’t know function refresh server cache. Thanks a lot!