Question

EXT_FILE_TRANS_TAB growing and cannot be cleaned

• 31 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 9 replies

the  EXT_FILE_TRANS_TAB is taking more and more space in the the database and we do not have a clue about how to clean or purge it, it looks that there is still in the table row related to load file ID that are no more available in EXT_FILE_LOAD.

Does anyone already meet the same issue and/or knwo how to clean the EXT_FILE_TRANS_TAB

thank you in advance for any help, comment or remarks

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

I have a faint memory (This was > 10 years ago...) that we found a load job that will “unload” or truncate the EXT_FILE_TRANS_TAB that is scheduled as any other file load jobs.

/H

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi,

I have a faint memory (This was > 10 years ago...) that we found a load job that will “unload” or truncate the EXT_FILE_TRANS_TAB that is scheduled as any other file load jobs.

/H

Your memory is correct. There is a file template you can run to clean up old transactions:

Make sure to enter the number of days on the templates you want to clean out transactions for and also determine if you want to include file log in the cleanup by ticking “Remove Completely”:

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

thank you guys that the first promising answer i get including IFS cloud support and our Consultant