Question

Excel Migration Error - not granted all database methods

• 7 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We are running Apps10 UPD10

We created an Excel Migration job to update custom fields in a table.  When we try to open the job in Excel - we get the error “You are not granted all the database methods required to run the job”

We can successfully run other Excel migrations, and we can go past this error to run the search.  But we cannot do any add/updates.  We’ve also confirmed we have access to the base _API db package and the _CFP DB package.  I’m looking for help to figure out which “database methods” I need to add to my permission set for access.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi ,

You may check the permission sets granted to the insert and update methods of API of the connected  LU which you are having your custom fields.

Cheers,

Thilini

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

Check the below post solve your issue. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi ,

You may check the permission sets granted to the insert and update methods of API of the connected  LU which you are having your custom fields.

Cheers,

Thilini

Thanks for the suggestion.  We do have access to everything in both the main LU API and the associated custom field API (CFP).  I’m not sure where else to look.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Check the below post solve your issue. 

Unfortunately - I’m getting an error that I don’t have access to the link.  But - I can tell you that I do have access to the Excel Migration tool in general (other jobs work) and I have access to the specific problem job.  I can see it in Excel and I can do a search to retrieve records.  But on open, and when I try to do an add/update - that’s when I get the error message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jhooperyan ,

Check whether you have the access to the methods and view  you mentioned in the job.