Solved

Error : Unrecognized configuration section oracle.manageddataaccess.client. (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config line 275)

• 15 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
Has anyone experienced the following error?Can't open IFS 9 applications and also IFS 10 applications.
.net framework has been installed, I have installed and uninstalled .net framework several times but the same error still occurs.

error :

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of https://ifs10.sample.co.id:48080/client/runtime/Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + The type initializer for 'System.Net.ServicePointManager' threw an exception.
        + The type initializer for 'System.Net.ComNetOS' threw an exception.
        + Configuration system failed to initialize
        + Unrecognized configuration section oracle.manageddataaccess.client. (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config line 275)

icon

Best answer by KIMKIMANDREW 15 February 2024, 14:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

You .NET configuration has been overwritten at some point by one of the oracle client installations.

The oracle installers can be a bit hamfisted with this file and don't always update it correctly

I recently had a similar problem when installing the Oracle Client for Microsoft Tools and all of my .NET applications were broken as a result!

If you navigate to the folder referenced (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config)

You will see a number of Machine.Config.* files.

Check the timestamps on them, I suspect Machine.Config will have a different one from all the others. Microsoft give you a template Machine.Config.Default file that you can use to difference with Machine.Config to see what has been changed. 

I you know what you did, you may be able to uninstall whatever it was you installed.

I had to over-write Machine.Config with Machine.Config.Default before I could run the uninstall as it used, guess what - .NET!

Badge +1
Thank you for the answer, and very helpful. Now I can open the IFS application again