Question

Disable/change the IFS EE embedded browser?? Apps10

• 21 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Does any one know if it possible to disable the embedded browser within IFS EE? (IFS apps10) Or anyone aware of a road map for the embedded browser? :)

Just to clarify, I am NOT referring to the opening of EE

By decoding the headers in the request it show IFS is making use of IE11 and the end of life has been announced by MS. Once IE is no longer supported, a number companies will lose their accreditations. In particular for the UK, the Cyber Essentials from the NCSC, that requires all software to be supported.

It looks like we are unable to change the browser from this post

Embedded browser IFS Enterprise Explorer | IFS Community

All responses are welcomed, 

Thank you 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @JamesM,

Apart from the comments added in the mentioned community post, I think you can try to set a default browser from your own machine and check again? But as mentioned in the post, it is better to use New Edge browser (Chromium based) or Google Chrome browsers as those browsers were tested and verified by our Product development team (These browsers support Aurena without further issues).

Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Imal,

Thank you for your reply but its not applicable to the issue. The issue is NOT starting IFS, its the embedded browser i.e. accessing the Internet from within IFS EE. 

I have change the default browser on my device, I have also complete removed IE from my device. But as IE look to be a package/functionality that is with IFS EE nothing I do on the client device has a affect on it.

Below is a screenshot from my device with IFS EE Apps10 UPD8 with IE completely removed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @JamesM ,

We have expressed concern with our IFS account manager about IEE utilizing Internet Explorer  as the embedded web browser instead of transitioning IEE to the Chrome based Microsoft Edge browser for the embedded web browser.   I’m not sure what work load it would take IFS to switch their toolkit to use the Chrome based Microsoft Edge engine but you may want to contact your account manager to see if they can get it on the radar for R&D.  With the push from IFS to move to the Aurena interface it maybe an uphill push to get IEE changed.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

Here is another customer that are asking the same thing, IFS need to replace Internet Explorer. App 10 with UPD 8.

Karl

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

Also another customer here that are asking the same thing, since it seems we only can get Internet Explorer i embedded version of IFS IEE on apps 10 - it seems like we are forced now to only use external links from IEE to open web links in external browser..

Filip