Solved

define specific URL in stream message-API for event action

• 5 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Dear all!

I am using the following code (it is just a poart of it) in an event action (Execute Online SQL) to inform people via stream message when they have been linked to a project task:

client_sys.Clear_Attr(attr_);     
client_sys.Add_To_Attr('FROM_', person_info_API.get_user_id('&NEW:RESPONSIBLE'), attr_); 
client_sys.Add_To_Attr('TO_NAMES_', USER_ID_, attr_);
client_sys.Add_To_Attr('HEADER_', 'You have been assigned.', attr_);
client_sys.Add_To_Attr('BODY_', 'You have been assigned in activity-sequence '||'&NEW:ACTIVITY_SEQ'|| ' to task' ||'&NEW:TASK_ID'|| ' Description: '||'&NEW:NAME'|| ' Thanks!', attr_);
client_sys.Add_To_Attr('URL_', 'ifsapf:frmActivity', attr_);

Transaction_SYS.Deferred_Call ('FND_STREAM_API.Create_Event_Action_Streams','PARAMETER', attr_, 'Inform PM');

Unfortunately the right window for the actual activity does not open when the user is clicking on the stream message as the URL is just generelly defined as seen above in green. 

Is there any chance to make the URL more specific, i.e.:

client_sys.Add_To_Attr('URL_', 'ifsapf:frmActivity?ACTIVITY_SEQ=$&NEW:ACTIVITY_SEQ$', attr_);

Anyone can support me with this?

Would be super interesting to know.

Thanks a lot!

Mattis

icon

Best answer by eqbstal 8 June 2020, 13:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Why dont you use the Action Type=Streem Message and the url designer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

IFSmattis,

I’m in favor of the solution of krestensb. However I understand that you want to use Execute Online SQL if there are more steps involved.

I think that you should try the following:

client_sys.Add_To_Attr('URL_', 'ifsapf:frmActivity?ACTIVITY_SEQ=' || &NEW:ACTIVITY_SEQ, attr_);

Steve

PS. Tried this myself (entering ifsapf:… directly in the address line), and even this doesn't work. Odd.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey Steve,

maybe you need to encode the = or use the external search function. We had some issues opening views with data from Novacura Flow (=external source) and when we used the external Search syntax it works. Maybe URLs in Stream messages are treated the same? I don’t really have the time to try it currently but there is a bunch of things you can try in the help below (no idea which environment it is the help from, i just googled it):

http://ifsappsrvprd01.australiasoutheast.cloudapp.azure.com:58080/ifsdoc/f1doc/Foundation1/050_development/022_user_interface/045_ee_dev/080_external_search/

Johannes

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

IFSmattis,

Thanks to Johannes, I think that you should implement it as follows:

client_sys.Add_To_Attr('URL_', 'ifsapf:frmActivity?external_search=ACTIVITY_SEQ%3d' || &NEW:ACTIVITY_SEQ, attr_);

Steve