Solved

"checking for download location" takes a long time

• 5 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

IFS10 UPD8

When opening a dialog for the first time after a deployment, dialog “checking for download location” appears and in some cases stays there without moving 2-3 minutes.

We’ve already been in contact with IFS and Microsoft. No outcome.

I’ve seen the same problem at another IFS customer. Does anyone have a solution?

icon

Best answer by Dinari Nanayakkara 5 November 2021, 04:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Long shot, but have you turned off all anti-virus/malware software on client and servers and tried again? Sometimes a live scan of networked files can have very long delays…

I assume this happens on all clients after the update? Then does it stop after the first time? That sounds like IFS is re-building some sort of cache. If you remove local cache from the workstation (delete all files/folder in C:\Users\<login>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0) before running it the first time after deployment, do you experience the same sorts of delays?

Very frustrating that neither Microsoft nor IFS is able to remedy this! I’ll be on the lookout here the next time we do an update!

Good luck,

Joe Kaufman

Badge +2

Hello Joe

Thanks for your reply. We already tried both.

Removing local cache/click once data as well as switching off anti-virus/malware detection did not have any positive effect.

BR, Daniel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

This issue was solved after following the below steps.

Step 1

When you run a build, perform a clean build. 

Open CMD

SET DELIVERY=Full filepath

_msBuild.cmd clean

Step 2

After running a build, execute the following commands and try to recreate the error. Initially it will take some time to open the forms but the second time when user navigates to the pages there should not be a performance issue.

1) Close all the opened IFS application windows.

2) Open a command prompt and execute the below command.

rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache

3) Clear .net cache using the command prompt at the client machine.

rundll32 %windir%\system32\dfshim.dll CleanOnlineAppCache

4) Restart the client PC

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello, I have this issue with IFS9UPD15. 

I dont know how/what the above does. We have disabled any malware/antivirus and the problem still exists. It takes 2 mins doing the checking deployment location, then the download is fast. 

Any suggestions?

David.