Solved

Aurena - Send to colleague

• 1 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

Is there any functionality within Aurena, similar to IEE ‘Send to colleague’? If not, is there any plans to implement something similar? Our customer is in Apps10 UPD9 and have requested UPD10 and they were wondering :-)

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Dinesha Velivitiya

icon

Best answer by anmise 2 February 2021, 07:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi,

Is there any functionality within Aurena, similar to IEE ‘Send to colleague’? If not, is there any plans to implement something similar? Our customer is in Apps10 UPD9 and have requested UPD10 and they were wondering :-)

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Dinesha Velivitiya

Hi Dinesha,

not yet at least. You’d have to send an email to a link with filter conditions at this point. I’m really hoping that this will be released though. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thank you @anmise 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

As @anmise pointed out, the generic command to do that is not there. But we have one in Docman, in the Document Revision page. Perhaps other pages might have similar commands? It works quite well to just copy the URL though and send it the normal way. In fact, it might even be possible to add a small “bookmarklet” to do that yourself… I might give it a try…

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

So, seems this was quite simple. Do the following steps:

Add a new bookmark to the bookmark toolbar in your web browser

As the name, enter “Send to colleague”

As the URL/link, set the following”

javascript:window.open("mailto:?subject="+document.title+"&body="+document.location.href)

All the text above should be copied. It’s one line but it might look like two above (it did when I typed this).

Save the bookmark.

Now, on any page (not just IFS), just click this bookmark to open an e-mail with the subject and body prefilled. Change it as needed and send it.

This is how it looks when I edit my bookmark in Chrome:

It is possible to also add some other text to the e-mail body, but then the “code” quickly becomes hard to read and I could not make it look exactly as I wanted.

I hope this helps and that it might inspire other similar hacks.

Enjoy!