Question

Aurena is part of IFS 10?

• 8 December 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello All,

I want know about Aurena that , is part of IFS 10 or different UI.

I little bit confuse that Aurena vs IFS 10.

Is we create Lobby, custom field,events,page in Aurena without using IFS 10.

Kindly assist us.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello All,

I want know about Aurena that , is part of IFS 10 or different UI.

I little bit confuse that Aurena vs IFS 10.

Is we create Lobby, custom field,events,page in Aurena without using IFS 10.

Kindly assist us.

IFS Aurena is part of IFS Applications 10, but a different, web-based UI which co-exists with Enterprise Explorer. You cannot create custom fields, design lobbies, or create events in Aurena currently. In the next release Enterprise Explorer will be gone and Aurena will be the main UI.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks a lots for your valuable information.

What is exact month which will be do it customization or create lobby,order report etc..

In my case , client want ask such kind of question..

Userlevel 7

Thanks a lots for your valuable information.

What is exact month which will be do it customization or create lobby,order report etc..

In my case , client want ask such kind of question..

In Aurena? I’m not sure you ever will be on Apps10. The date for the next release will be communicated by IFS at some point. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@anmise 

“You cannot create custom fields, design lobbies, or create events in Aurena currently. In the next release Enterprise Explorer will be gone and Aurena will be the main UI.”

How can you possibly release a product that takes such a huge step backward in capability as the only solution?  That will only drive customers to not ever want to upgrade.  IFS becomes nearly useless without the ability to create events, custom fields, custom processes, even basic searching functions like Sum are gone in Aurena.  If Aurena prevents all of those things and there is no plan to introduce them, why would anyone upgrade beyond V10?  Seems like this is a huge problem driving the lack of user adoption of Aurena and directly at odds with the intention to penalize customers for not upgrading through surcharges.

Userlevel 7

@anmise

“You cannot create custom fields, design lobbies, or create events in Aurena currently. In the next release Enterprise Explorer will be gone and Aurena will be the main UI.”

How can you possibly release a product that takes such a huge step backward in capability as the only solution?  That will only drive customers to not ever want to upgrade.  IFS becomes nearly useless without the ability to create events, custom fields, custom processes, even basic searching functions like Sum are gone in Aurena.  If Aurena prevents all of those things and there is no plan to introduce them, why would anyone upgrade beyond V10?  Seems like this is a huge problem driving the lack of user adoption of Aurena and directly at odds with the intention to penalize customers for not upgrading through surcharges.

Sorry that I was unclear. I'm saying that these are not part of Aurena in Apps10 but will be in IFS Cloud, the next release when IEE disappears. 

Badge +2

@anmise

Sorry that I was unclear. I'm saying that these are not part of Aurena in Apps10 but will be in IFS Cloud, the next release when IEE disappears. 

Does this mean, that the Aurena version in Apps 10 is different from the Aurena version of the next IFS release?

Userlevel 7

@anmise

Does this mean, that the Aurena version in Apps 10 is different from the Aurena version of the next IFS release?

Well, no, not really. It’s the same UI but a new release, same as with Enterprise Explorer 7.5, 8, 9 and finally 10, where each included new functionality. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

To help anyone else, Aurena allows you to leverage custom fields, events, and lobbies. However, you must develop these in IEE and then implement them in Aurena. I think the shift with Cloud is that you will create those in Aurena, rather than IEE. But I think in Apps10 or Cloud you can use those items, it’s just where they are developed that changes.