Question

An item with the same key has already been added.

• 18 February 2020
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

We’re having a lot of trouble with our Start Pages/Saved Searches in Apps 10 UPD4 (happened before UPD4 as well). They load fine at first, but if a user tries to refresh them (after a few minutes), they return ?’s instead of the number of hits.

This is just one example, but it happens on many queries/profiles/permission sets/start pages/etc:

I created a test start page with a simple query (I believe it’s simple, anyway, I’m unfortunately not very knowledgeable with SQL)

The first time I opened this test start page, it loaded fine (all 1’s for the result).  Now when I refresh after about 10-15 minutes of waiting on this screen, some will error out:

This happens on start pages that don’t have duplicates like this, if that matters.

Here are some of the errors from the debug console:

3 of those four error messages are the “An item with the same key has already been added”.

This is how fast it runs when it’s working the way it should:

This is after waiting 10-ish minutes and refreshing the page:

We are having A LOT of issues with 10, but hopefully we can at least get this figured out.  There have been multiple reports from different users that say when they refresh the page, keep trying to complete the query, and eventually IFS will freeze and they’ll have to quit through task manager.

This is on our test environment, but happens in our production environment the same way.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be great to hear them. 

Please let me know if you need any more info.

19 replies

Badge +4

One of our NA customers has quite a similar error situation. They are on APP10 UPD8. It’s happening primarily in IFS Procurement clients:

I’m trying to find the cause/solution for this. Have you been able to find a cause/solution for your issue above?

Here’s the Error detail:

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Explorer: An Unhandled Exception has occurred ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.CallGetResponse(String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Byte[] requestHeaderBytes, Byte[] requestBodyBytes, FndApfAsyncInvoke asyncInvokeHandle, Boolean integrationGateway)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeGetResponse(String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Byte[] requestHeaderBytes, Byte[] requestBodyBytes, Boolean& abandoned, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

I have seen this error when we use custom objects.specially custom menus.

Custom Menu window allows users to enter duplicate 'Source Key Name' values when creating 'Create Window with Transfer' action type custom menus therefore, custom menus cannot be created.

This has been corrected in UPD6 with fix 149422.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello, we are having the exact same issues as described by Mr. Maassen with intermittent slowness/start page not refreshing and the exact same error message sometimes “An item with the same key has already been added..”  Was there ever any resolution?  We are on Apps10 update 7 so should have received the patch Chandana referenced in his post but I don’t think our issues are related to custom menus.   Our IFS case is G2237853.  

Mary

Badge +4

Hi Mary,

No the case I have for our customer is not yet resolved. Our customer is also on UPD11 so does have the patch.

I just received information on custom objects in customer PROD from customer after many days I requested it. I will go through them and investigate in the light of custom objects and will provide an update if I find something valuable or find a resolution to this.

Regards,

-Vishan

Badge +4

Update: I went through the custom object information customer provided form their PROD. They do not have duplicate “source keys” in there, so this issue seems not likely a “custom Object” issue for my customer. Further investigating…

-Vishan

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Vishan, is there any way to associate my IFS case with this customer’s?  Since our issues are practically identical any solution you provide will likely work for us too.  Please contact me directly at mary.mccabe@howmet.com or through my case if you have any tips/feedback.  Our users are very frustrated.

Badge +4

Hi Mary,

Unfortunately, cases can not be associated, and even that would not give you any visibility of the other case.

Cases can be associated to a Solution. There is no solution ( like R&D is creating a patch, and when that is done all cases owners will be notified), at present attached to these cases.

Very few ( one or two ) other cases reported this issue were caused by “My Start Pages” in IFS Applications 10. Start Pages are deprecated in IFS Applications 10, instead "IFS Lobbies" should be used for those purposes. Are your users using “My Start Pages” ?

In another case, this was caused by some corruption on downloaded dlls of IFS Applications and IFS Applications cache, on user’s PC.

You can clear the those by following these steps:

a. Close all the opened IFS applications.
b. Open a command prompt and execute the below command.
c. rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache
d. Restart the user’s PC

You may try above.

Regards,

-Vishan

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

We also have some users who are experiencing this issue. The odd thing is, it’s only certain users who are getting the error. It’s also in regards to Sales Quotations and Customer Orders. At this time we have no fix for it. 

Anyone else come up with anything? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I have just had the issue reported to my from our Procurement department.

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Explorer: An Unhandled Exception has occurred ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)    at Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.Extenders.SubscriptionManager.SubscriptionManager.CheckUserSubscriptionsForLU(String luName)    at Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.Extenders.SubscriptionManager.SubscriptionManager.HasSubscribedToLU(String luName)    at Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.Extenders.SubscriptionManager.SubscriptionManager.HasUserSubscribedToLU(String luName)    at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.cDataSource.DataSourceSubscribe(SalNumber nWhat)    at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationForms.cDataSource.cDataSource_WindowActions(Object sender, WindowActionsEventArgs e)    at PPJ.Runtime.Windows.SalWindow.InvokeWindowActions(WindowActionsEventArgs args, SalContext context, Int32 startIndex)    at PPJ.Runtime.Windows.SalWindow.FireWindowActions(Int32 msgCode, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)    at PPJ.Runtime.Windows.SalWindow.DispatchThenProcess(Message& m)    at PPJ.Runtime.Windows.SalWindow.ProcessWndProc(Message& m)    at PPJ.Runtime.Windows.SalForm.WndProc(Message& m)    at PPJ.Runtime.Windows.SalFormTableWindow.WndProc(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

He has mentioned this happening in various screens.

Back in the office tomorrow so will ask for more information.

Regards

John

Badge +4

Deleting the entire content of following folders in user’s PC, didn’t help. Errors recurrued.
C:\Users\<User_name>\AppData\Local\IsolatedStorage
C:\Users\<User_name>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

Now trying the following solution: Will update back the results...

1. Close all the open IFS applications.
2. Open a command prompt and execute the below command.
3. rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache
4. Restart the user’s PC

Badge +1

Check to see if the user has multiple subscriptions to the same object.

Badge +4

J_M How would you check that ?

Issue here is primarily in IFS Procurement form ( and few other forms too ), and the form freezes, when clicking tabs in the form, opening/creating the form etc.

Thanks!

Badge +1

Vishan,

My reply is directed towards the stack trace posted by johnw66.  I do not know if it is applicable to your specific situation.

To check the subscriptions, you can use the Object Subscription Overview screen.  Search by username and sort by logical unit. 

Also, you can query the database :

select username, lu_name, client_url  from fnd_obj_subscription order by username, lu_name;

Badge +4

Got it. Thanks!

Badge +4

Hi Vishan, is there any way to associate my IFS case with this customer’s?  Since our issues are practically identical any solution you provide will likely work for us too.  Please contact me directly at mary.mccabe@howmet.com or through my case if you have any tips/feedback.  Our users are very frustrated.

Hi Mary,

We tried following steps at our customer’s users PC, and the issue has not happened for last 3 days.

They are implementing these steps in other user’s PCs and waiting another weeks to check if the issue recurs of if this is a stable fix:

4. Restart the user’s PC

This looks a promising fix so far...

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Following solution worked for me. Thank you all who contributed to this.

Step 01: Delete following temporary folders.
C:\Users<User_name>\AppData\Local\IsolatedStorage
C:\Users<User_name>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

Step 02: Now trying the following solution: Will update back the results...

4. Restart the user’s PC

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Looks like we have the same issue again with UPD20.

This time, none of the above solutions worked, hence the case CS0174987 is created.

My investigations confirm that this has something to do with incorrectly handling of the dictionary keys, as well as the mapping between the parameter dialog and the underlying SQL at the runtime.

IFS is working on it. I’ll try to keep this thread up-to-date if possible.

If you are in APPS10 UPD20, run any SQL quick report via the Quick Report window (with parameters). Then, on the results screen (output screen), use the RMB menu Show SQL to see the underlying SQL at the runtime. You’ll notice that the input parameters are replaced with the client _hWnd object IDs according to the context.

Now, on the same window, select the RMB menu Rerun and you’ll end up with the above error. Now, check the SQL again. The parameter mapping is gone. 

Just FYI.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Manulak, I happened to see your post and I just had this problem this morning in our dev environment, where we are testing UPD20.  It did not happen in a quick report however, it happened when I tried to search for one PO.  After several minutes of processing, I got the error so it appears to be a timeout error sometimes.  I just tried out a SQL quick report in dev and that worked fine.  I’ve had no recent reports of the problem in prod.  Anything else you’d recommend testing?

Badge

Following solution worked for me. Thank you all who contributed to this.

Step 01: Delete following temporary folders.
C:\Users<User_name>\AppData\Local\IsolatedStorage
C:\Users<User_name>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

Step 02: Now trying the following solution: Will update back the results...

4. Restart the user’s PC

@Manulak This solution worked in upd 20 as well. thanks @samglk :)