Solved

Add Document - Document Text Administration

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Is there a way in Apps 8 to add Documents to the Document Text Administration?

I am looking for Instant Invoice and Interest Invoice, but do not see them in the list, so was not sure if they could be added.

icon

Best answer by paul harland 13 August 2020, 18:07

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hello Renea!

there’s no way to add a document there. 

As @ToBeNL mentioned overHere there might be something hardcoded in the report code, so it’s worth trying some document texts in the Instant Invoice and see if they show on the report.

Failing that, the best option is to add a custom field on the relevant object - in this case the Instant Invoice screen - and add that to the report.  But I’m afraid this does mean editing the report using Report Designer.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello Paul,

So great to hear from you!!!

Thank you for this information. 

Our challenge is that we want to use one Form Report Layout for all Companies, but each has their own payment Remit to information and up until now we have been forced to use hard code text for all this Remit to information, as we have not found a good place holder in IFS for this other than the use of Document Text Phrase.  We have attempted to use Document Footer, but we have too much information, plus we are finding it hard to get the Document Footer added to Crystal Reports.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hey renea!

Wait, so you’re using Crystal Reports for this?

If so, I would just create formula fields in Crystal.  It’s been 10 years since I used it, but something like 

IF company = 1 then “pay remit to A” IF company = 2 then … etc.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello Paul,

We actually use both Crystal Reports and Report Designer, have challenges with both :(

So is the “pay remit to A” hard coded text on the form report or is there a holding place somewhere else on an IFS screen where this information can be entered/maintained for each company?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

You could do either actually.

If you want the data to be maintainable in IFS, then create a custom field on the Company LU (for example) where you enter the text of the remit details for each company.

Then another custom field (read only), on the InstantInvoice LU, that displays this value, from the applicable company.  

If using Report Designer than this 2nd field will be available in the report and you can just add it to the layout.

If using Crystal Reports, I think you would need to include INSTANT_INVOICE_CFV as a table joined into your report.  Or, you could add COMPANY_CFV into your report and skip adding the custom field to the InstantInvoice.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thank you Paul,

I had previously tested the use of a custom field on the Company for this Remit to information, but had not gone as far as adding the field to a form report, but will sure give it a try.

Thanks again, always a great pleasure to work with you!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

you too renea :wink:

if you end up trying to do this with a custom field in Report Designer, we recommend to use Report Designer in “online” mode.  It allows you to find the custom fields and add them to the report easily.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

We are still on Apps 8, so is this still the case, using “online mode"?

You mentioned it had been 10 years since you used Crystal, so is Report Designer your preferred method for Report/Forms?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

We hope to upgrade to Apps10 in 2021 and are torn on which method will be best, as mentioned earlier each have there good and bad attributes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

According to this screenshot (below) online mode is available in IFS Apps 8 SP1 and later.

The main benefit of Crystal Reports in the past was that it enabled you to add fields from other LUs whereas Report Designer did not, without a modification.  Now we are able to do this pretty easily with IFS custom fields, so that made Report Designer more attractive.

For small changes, Report Designer is surely quicker.  If you have a particularly visually-intensive layout requirement, Crystal is more polished.  But we would obviously recommend you use Report Designer where possible.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Paul,

Great information, will pass this along to my team.

Thanks again for all your expert help!!