Solved

Supplier invoice posting authorize substitutes,does not work with Group

• 24 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi All,

Supplier invoice posting authorize substitutes does not work with Group .

I am able to add substitute to authorizer id but when the Substitute go for authorization it does not allows to authorize the invoice.

In PO it works.

Regards,

Mukesh Gupta  

icon

Best answer by lisvse 13 August 2020, 14:28

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

what version of IFS are you using (including update version)?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Nick, 

I am using IFS10 UPD7. 

Regards, 

Mukesh Gupta 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Mukesh,

OK, the reason it doesn’t work with authroisation groups, will likely be how you have the company setting for supplier invoice workflow. Below you have a few options:

Authorization Routing - if this is set to Consecutive, then the person that is substituted will be replaced in the sequence by the substitute. If this is set to Parallel then the posting group will just pick the next available approver, and actually doesnt consider whom as long as the tolernance and assigning rules have been met.

If you enable the Two Authorizer Parameter, and you also use Consecutive, the rule will attempt to find two authorizers that meet the validation, and therefore, if there is a substitute created, then that substitute would appear (but only if the group had only two users - 1 there and 1 substituted). 

This basically means to see the substitue being used, it strongly depends on the setup of the company settings, the number of users, the tolerances, the assigning rules and then finally how many users are in the groups being used to authorise invoices.

If you can send screenshots of your current settings, this is easier to advise. 

:)

Regards

Nick

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Nick,

I have tried both Authorization Routing:
Use Consecutive Authorization  and Use Parallel Authorization but it did not works.

For some Group there are 2 to 3 authorizes and some there are single authorizer  but Substitute is not able to Authorize . 

Below is my Company setting.

Regards,

Mukesh Gupta

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

From what I remember the substitute functionality is not implemented in Financials. Substitute is only working for individual authorization. 

Best Regards, 

Linda

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Linda, 

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes for individual authorization substitute works well but for group it didn't work.

Do you have any idea, whether this can be uplifted by IFS. We are facing issue on changing authority matrix quite often and this is a concern for Audit.

Regards, 

Mukesh Gupta 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, 

Put it into Idea Wall and it will be evaluated together with everything else and moved to Financials backlog if found as a great idea. 

Best regards, 

Linda