Solved

Project Completion and not yet received supplier invoices

• 11 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

We experience an issue when we try to complete a project. We want to complete a project for 100%.

When I run the ‘Generate Unfinished Work Activity Items' event in the Project Deliverables Navigator, I get the following result:

I cannot set the status of the project to Completed because there are some supplier invoices which we have not received. So when I try to complete the project in the finance module, I cannot complete it for 100% because the status of the project is not Completed (and this is blocked by the supplier invoices which we have not received yet). The screenshot below shows the error in the finance module.

Is there a way to work around this issue? We want to complete the project for 100% and we do not want to wait on our suppliers for sending the invoices.

We are on APPS10 Update 7.

icon

Best answer by MR10 11 January 2021, 14:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi, 

Hate to say it but… it is in UPD8

This is in the release notes of the UPD8.

IFS : 280105

Partners : 280105

CEC : 280105I

SC : 280105

Project-Based -Project Accruals

Provide the ability to manage accruals at project level, for the source data from sub contracts, and miscellaneous accruals. Facilitate operational and financial accrual assessments, generate accrual transactions and automatically reverse them in the subsequent financial period. This enhancement is available in IFS Aurena.

This allows you to manage an accrual for potential invoices to come and close the project.

Otherwise it will be hard to trick the system otherwise, other then putting in 0.00 invoices for the open items and manage an accrual separate.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @MR10 

Thank you for your answer. Another reason to upgrade to a new update;). 

We will manage for now. 

Kind regards,

Simon 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, 

Hate to say it but… it is in UPD8

This is in the release notes of the UPD8.

IFS : 280105

Partners : 280105

CEC : 280105I

SC : 280105

Project-Based -Project Accruals

Provide the ability to manage accruals at project level, for the source data from sub contracts, and miscellaneous accruals. Facilitate operational and financial accrual assessments, generate accrual transactions and automatically reverse them in the subsequent financial period. This enhancement is available in IFS Aurena.

This allows you to manage an accrual for potential invoices to come and close the project.

Otherwise it will be hard to trick the system otherwise, other then putting in 0.00 invoices for the open items and manage an accrual separate.

Hi, we have the same problem but we are on upd8 so we could try it out. 

I read through the documentation of upd8 and found that it is possible to collect costs from sub contracts as well as entering manual costs to be entered as accruals.

BUT I can’t find any information that it would be possible to close the project after having entered manual accruals (we don’t use the sub contracting module of IFS). Please let me know, is it really possible to complete the project having entered accruals? As I understand it we still need to receive the invoices and have them paid before the project can be completed. 

This is really a problem for us, since we usually complete all our capex projects on a montly basis in order to transfer the costs for running projects to other companies.