Question

Missing Code Part Value on PO Charges related to a PO line

• 4 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Question for App 9

Summary

When you have PO charge lines related to a specific PO line (via ‘Connect to Line’ & ‘Connect to Release’), is there any way to inherit some of the code part values from the line?

Specific case:

We use code part ‘C’ to define the WO number from Service&Maintenance. In this way, every WO related GL entry has the WO value in code part ‘C’ and we can analyze our accxoutn up to WO level. So far so good, but…
The WO number is filled automatically on the PO lines created from requisitions in a workorder. When we need to define extra charges on the PO that are related to a specific line, we do this by using the ‘Connect to Line’ and ‘Connect to release’ fields. Unfortunately it seems there is no possibility to automatically inherit the value of code part C of the connected PO line to the charge.

Thanks for any advice on how to solve this issue ! 

Luc. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I would say this calls for the implementation of an event, based upon the insert/create of the charge line.

Badge +1

Hi eqbstal,

I don’t think that’s possible as I think there is no preposting definition on the charge line. Or do you mean an event on the GL entry creation ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You're right, pre-posting not available at Charge level. Odd, by the way. So your suggestion to do it at GL entry creation would be an option. Would another option be to have a configuration of an event based upon the base of the Transfer Purchase Transactions.

I don't have a system at hand to check if that is an option, but might be worthwhile investigating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If there can be a Control Type defined to fetch the work order number for M189 posting wouldn't this be achieved? 

Badge +1

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura : as far as I can see there is no option on M189 to fetch the WO number. I’m afraid there is no standard solution to my question...