Question

IFS 7.5 Email Customer Statement of Account

• 16 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Guys,

I am using IFS 7.5.

I would like to trigger Email with Customer Statement of Account attachment to every customer on the fist day of each month.

I need your guidance on this.

1. How to setup 1 Report Scheduler that can generate PDF with only 1 customer data per PDF file? Currently I need to setup multiple schedulers and key in Customer ID one by one as per picture below.
  1. How setup event to trigger Email with SOA attachment to every customer separately? Even if the above Report Scheduler able to generate PDF with single customer data, the event action is not able to recognize which PDF file is for which customer.

Someone advised to put “&PDF_PARAMETER_1” under To field but all my PDF_PARAMETER are empty. Where can I fill in/define these PDF_PARAMETER?

Below is the Email triggered when I key in my Email address under To field in order to check the value for all PDF parameters.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

KS Eng

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

Click on the conditions for performing this action as highlighted below and it will show you to enter the values for PDF_Parameters.

Best Regards,

Vishaka

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Vishaka,

Thanks for your response.

The problem is system never pass in any value for the PDF_PARAMETER_1-10.

So, when I key in any value for the PDF_PARAMETER in the “Conditions for performing this action”, system will not trigger the action.

Best Regards,

KS Eng

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Vishaka,

Thanks for your response.

The problem is system never pass in any value for the PDF_PARAMETER_1-10.

So, when I key in any value for the PDF_PARAMETER in the “Conditions for performing this action”, system will not trigger the action.

Best Regards,

KS Eng

Hi,

Can anyone guide me how to utilize the PDF_PARAMETER?

How and Where can I pass value to these PDF_PARAMETER?

Best Regards,

KS Eng

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

maybe this will be helpful.

Defining default values for event parameters of the above PDF_REPORT_CREATED event can be done in Report Definition file (.rdf) of each report. Default values for PDF_PARAMETER_1 to PDF_PARAMETER_10 can be defined this way using interface in PdfReportEventParam logical unit.

Example:

Pdf_Report_Event_Param_API.New_Parameter ('MODULE_REP', 'PDF_EVENT_PARAM_1', 'STRING', 'someone@test.com');

Pdf_Report_Event_Param_API.New_Parameter ('MODULE_REP', 'PDF_EVENT_PARAM_2', 'STRING', 'MODULE_REP');

When Print Jobs are directly created from an application functionality (such as Releasing a Customer Order), in most cases these parameter values are set from the business logic of the relevant product area & stored in Settings column of the Print Job. The default values added from the above method are overridden by the values of the Print Job Settings.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

maybe this will be helpful.

Defining default values for event parameters of the above PDF_REPORT_CREATED event can be done in Report Definition file (.rdf) of each report. Default values for PDF_PARAMETER_1 to PDF_PARAMETER_10 can be defined this way using interface in PdfReportEventParam logical unit.

Example:

Pdf_Report_Event_Param_API.New_Parameter ('MODULE_REP', 'PDF_EVENT_PARAM_1', 'STRING', 'someone@test.com');

Pdf_Report_Event_Param_API.New_Parameter ('MODULE_REP', 'PDF_EVENT_PARAM_2', 'STRING', 'MODULE_REP');

When Print Jobs are directly created from an application functionality (such as Releasing a Customer Order), in most cases these parameter values are set from the business logic of the relevant product area & stored in Settings column of the Print Job. The default values added from the above method are overridden by the values of the Print Job Settings.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Hi,

Can you print screen to show me where to access the RDF file and define the PDF parameters?

By the way, I need the Email address to be dynamic. That’s mean it will change according to the Customer ID in the PDF report since we need to separate the SOA into different PDF file and send to the related customer only. Is it IFS 7.5 has this kind of function?

Best Regards,

KS Eng

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

RDF file, you can find in the Build folder.

As I remember, in &PDF_PARAMETER_1 is the customer's e-mail address, and in &PDF_PARAMETER_5 the user's e-mail address.

But you can quickly check what exactly each parameter returns.

You can enter all parameters - from &PDF_PARAMETER_1 to &PDF_PARAMETER_10 in the message text in the definition of the event action. Then generate one report and check what will be returned in the email.

I usually use it if I want to know what's in pdf parameters and I don’t want to bother someone with technical skills.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

RDF file, you can find in the Build folder.

As I remember, in &PDF_PARAMETER_1 is the customer's e-mail address, and in &PDF_PARAMETER_5 the user's e-mail address.

But you can quickly check what exactly each parameter returns.

You can enter all parameters - from &PDF_PARAMETER_1 to &PDF_PARAMETER_10 in the message text in the definition of the event action. Then generate one report and check what will be returned in the email.

I usually use it if I want to know what's in pdf parameters and I don’t want to bother someone with technical skills.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Hi,

Actually I did what exactly you said but unfortunately all the PDF_PARAMETER are empty.

That’s why I suspect there are some setting missed out or the Customer SOA PDF is actually never pass in any parameter.

Best Regards,

KS Eng