Solved

Attribute added as modification gives error when try to get the entity set

• 19 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I have added a new text attribute called CLender to an entity in Cust layer and added it to an existing view by overtaking it because the projection entity set referred entity is fetching data through that view. 

When I query the view in plsql developer I can see the new attribute is added in the view.

When I try to get the entity set via the URL,  I get the following ORA error.  

I’m new to working in the customization layer. It would be great if someone can help me to resolve this issue. Am I missing any step here? 

icon

Best answer by Pardha Sai Y 20 May 2023, 09:13

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

@HIMK01: Projection entity “Project” is getting data from “Project_Base” view (but not directly from the base view “Project”). So have you added the new column into Project_Base view by overriding it from Project.view file? If not, then please try adding it into this view.

I have seen that you have already mentioned about a view overtake, so cross verify whether you are using the correct view or not, and also override is enough in my opinion here and we don’t need to overtake it. 

Core ProjectDefinitionHandling.projection code:

entity Project {
   from = "project_base";

:

:

}

If there are any existing custom fields on this LU, please try to unpublish and re-publish the custom fields. 

Badge +3

Thank you for your response! @Pardha Sai Y 

It’s resolved now. It worked after I unpublish and re-publish the entity.