Skip to main content

Hi All,

I have a client that provides monthly free-of-charge inspections of their customer’s production line (for which they sold the equipment). The inspection is free-of-charge, but everytime they find a possible problem, they provide a quote to the customer for the replacement and maintenance and thus they make revenue. That is the basic business plan.

To put this in IFS I was working with a Service Contract where we have multiple ‘Services’ - 1 free-of charge service that has a PM action on Monthly Occurence - Calendar generated. No issue there.

I also made a second servie that is invoiced based on ‘Resources Used’. So whenever a technician is on-site they can create a new WO/Service Request from MWO, connect it to the 2nd service line of the contract and in that way we can track all Costs and Revenue’s for both Services connected to the Service Contract.

Now comes the issue: so before they are allowed to execute the replacement, the customer wants a quote. No issue - when the WO is created and prepared you can use ‘New Service Quotation’ and all Resources/Material Lines from the prepared WO go into a Service Quotation and you can provide this to customer.

Now the issue: they rather not use Service Quotation because this doesn’t allow to ship the parts directly to the customer. We would rather use ‘Sales Quotations’ and ‘Customer orders’. In that way it is easy to create a shipment and ship the goods to the customer and - as soon as parts arrive - do the parts replacement.

Now I have a problem: as far as I know, I can’t connect the Customer order to the Service Contract, correct? So i’m losing visibility of the parts sold to the customer. 

And I can’t issue the parts on my WO, because the part was already issued and shipped on the Customer order.

What is the solution here?

How can I combine the tracking of part replacement on my WO (Material Issue) with the direct sale (and shipping) of the same part on a Customer Order?

Best Regards

Roel

(Working on IFS cloud 23R2)

Be the first to reply!