Solved

Mobile sync - push data

• 14 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi All,

I would like to push data from a custom table to the mobile. I created a sync rule with a extract rule.
Set a Frequency on the sync rule, but nothing is getting pushed and the app isn’t updated.

I have to push the sync now button, in order the push the data. Is there a way to send the data to mobile on a frequent base, without a update trigger?

icon

Best answer by brian.gummin 14 September 2022, 22:06

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @drooij,

The definition of the sync method is to define the triggering method.

Real-time is used to sync data when inserting/ updating them.

Batch type is used to sync data on a defined duration.

In this case, if you need to sync data without any updates then you can use batch-all type instead of batch-delta. However, if you use batch-delta, then only the updated data will be synced in the defined duration.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @Anjula Priyanath ,

Thanks, so if I set the sync rule to Batch-All with a frequancy of 1. Will it then sync the complete table every hour?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yes @drooij. Based on the initial query, the data will be synced in every 1 hour.

But, please ensure to use proper constraints to avoid any performance impact. You can follow the baseline sync rules(address, place, etc.) to get an idea.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Thank @Anjula Priyanath,

But unfortunately the data isn’t pushed, Set the sync on batch-all with frequency on 1. Only after an manual initialization (not the sync) or via the sync now button it will update the mobile. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Please verify that the MOBILE REPLICATIONS Scheduled Process is Active and functioning as expected.  Review all the Mobile Replication Run Logs to see that all Batch sync rules are working as expected.  Check Mobile Error Log to see if there are any errors for the sync rule for your custom table.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @brian.gummin,

Thanks! The scheduled process was inactive, I activated it again and now I’m revieving data.

Btw, is an Extract rule now still necessary?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @drooij , glad you found it! 

If you mean an Extract that sends the <perform_process_message_to_mobile> MPM, that depends on each Sync Rule’s Delivery Method.  You normally do not have to worry about editing any Extracts for Mobile because when you save a sync rule, the business policy automatically creates or edits the appropriate Extract.  Extracts are only used for Real Time and Batch - Delta sync rules.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @brian.gummin, thank you. Sadly I’m now running into a different issue. When the table is empty, there is off course no update. But it won’t remove the old lines, only if there is a new line. 

Is there a way to also send a NULL update (or something like that) to mobile? To say, this table is now empty. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Seems when no records are found, there is no push.