Question

EDM attachment very slow when locking a documnet attached to invoice in App 10 Aurena

• 14 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

As we push to get user’s over to Aurena, we have discovered that when locking an attached document within the Manual Supplier Invoice screen, each time that the Document Object Connections tab is clicked, the systems takes a long time before this option becomes available. All other areas of IFS where this process takes place do not exhibit this behavior, nor do we see this in IEE.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi,

In Chrome, open DevTools by pressing the F12 key, and go to the Network tab. Now do whatever it is that takes time and check which of the requests that takes a long time.

It would show up as thousands of ms there, or reported in seconds even.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Sorry that it has taken so long to respond to this, but we have been in the middle of a UPD deployment and investigating an Oracle upgrade. I had the end-user run the “Document Object Connection” with the Chrome DevTools running. I believe I have captured the appropriate data for diagnosing this, just don’t know what part of it to post. I am also worried that it might contain proprietary or confidential information.  Here is a screenshot showing the process that took the longest (almost a minute). To be clear, this process works well in IEE, but very slow in Aurena.

I also captured all of the DevTools output to a HAR file, but that has tons of text to it.

here is the line referenced with the long time factor (redacted for security):

"url": "https://server.domain.site.tld:99999/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/DocumentHome.svc/GetOCTResultCount(LuName='ManSuppInvoice',KeyRef='COMPANY%3Dcomp%5EINVOICE_ID%zzzzzzzzzz')",

Please let me know if more details are required and how to capture them.

Best regards,

Bob

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Check your oracle database hope your issue resolved.

Thanks & Regads,

Zuhaib

IFS Consultant

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Sorry that it has taken so long to respond to this, but we have been in the middle of a UPD deployment and investigating an Oracle upgrade. I had the end-user run the “Document Object Connection” with the Chrome DevTools running. I believe I have captured the appropriate data for diagnosing this, just don’t know what part of it to post. I am also worried that it might contain proprietary or confidential information.  Here is a screenshot showing the process that took the longest (almost a minute). To be clear, this process works well in IEE, but very slow in Aurena.

I also captured all of the DevTools output to a HAR file, but that has tons of text to it.

here is the line referenced with the long time factor (redacted for security):

"url": "https://server.domain.site.tld:99999/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/DocumentHome.svc/GetOCTResultCount(LuName='ManSuppInvoice',KeyRef='COMPANY%3Dcomp%5EINVOICE_ID%zzzzzzzzzz')",

The screenshot is quite clear, just getting the count of attachments is taking a very long time. It happens for some customers and there can be different reasons for it:

- "Many" document - object connections in the database (millions possibly)
- "Many" Object Connection Transformation rules or badly written Object Connection Transformation rules
- Bugs
I think the best way to get help with this is to file a support case, such that someone can take a more detailed look at your environment.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Mathias Dahl , I have raised a case with IFS support regarding this matter, however, I did have follow-up questions for you. Currently, our database shows 639,680 Document Object Connections; 104,121 Document Revisions and my repositories (shared on fileserver) have a total of 101,864 files. Would you consider this to be “many” (as in your previous post)? I worry that if this is about the number of connections, this problem will only get worse with time. But I am hopeful that since we do not see this behavior in IEE, that we are well within the acceptable use for EDM. Any further thoughts on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

@woprhowe 

100K documents is quite a lot, but we have customers that has 10 times that, even 100 times that. Not on Aurena in Apps 10 though, which, since it's our first "big" release on the new platform, is much less optimized than the later versions of IFS Cloud.

Do you happen to make heavy use of the Restricted Access for feature on documents? And, when are you upgrading to IFS Cloud 🙂?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Within Document Management, we are using “Access Templates” and “Person Groups” that do essentially restrict access to documents based on document class, is this what you mean by “heavy use of Restricted Access”? This feature along with storage of EDM files on a file server share (as opposed to in the database or ftp) has been a point of contention as we consider IFS Cloud. We are currently in the process of negotiating our IFS Cloud upgrade and plan to implement before Apps 10 goes to “Restricted Support”, but that is now less than a year away, so who knows?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

> Within Document Management, we are using “Access Templates” and “Person Groups” that do essentially restrict access to documents based on document class, is this what you mean by “heavy use of Restricted Access”?

No, that's completely normal 🙂 On the document revision, and the document title, there is a flag/setting named Restricted Access. It essentially makes the record invisible and not listed in any screen or LOV, unless you have at least View access. It's a useful feature for very sensitive documents where those who don't have access should not even know the document exists (it's NOT about viewing the uploaded file). The feature makes some searches much slower though, so our view is that it needs to be used with care, and it’s in particular a problem if you have many documents since the access checks needs to be run for all documents that you would normally get a hit on when searching..