Question

EDM attachment very slow when locking a documnet attached to invoice in App 10 Aurena

• 14 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

As we push to get user’s over to Aurena, we have discovered that when locking an attached document within the Manual Supplier Invoice screen, each time that the Document Object Connections tab is clicked, the systems takes a long time before this option becomes available. All other areas of IFS where this process takes place do not exhibit this behavior, nor do we see this in IEE.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

In Chrome, open DevTools by pressing the F12 key, and go to the Network tab. Now do whatever it is that takes time and check which of the requests that takes a long time.

It would show up as thousands of ms there, or reported in seconds even.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Sorry that it has taken so long to respond to this, but we have been in the middle of a UPD deployment and investigating an Oracle upgrade. I had the end-user run the “Document Object Connection” with the Chrome DevTools running. I believe I have captured the appropriate data for diagnosing this, just don’t know what part of it to post. I am also worried that it might contain proprietary or confidential information.  Here is a screenshot showing the process that took the longest (almost a minute). To be clear, this process works well in IEE, but very slow in Aurena.

I also captured all of the DevTools output to a HAR file, but that has tons of text to it.

here is the line referenced with the long time factor (redacted for security):

"url": "https://server.domain.site.tld:99999/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/DocumentHome.svc/GetOCTResultCount(LuName='ManSuppInvoice',KeyRef='COMPANY%3Dcomp%5EINVOICE_ID%zzzzzzzzzz')",

Please let me know if more details are required and how to capture them.

Best regards,

Bob

Badge +4

Check your oracle database hope your issue resolved.

Thanks & Regads,

Zuhaib

IFS Consultant

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Sorry that it has taken so long to respond to this, but we have been in the middle of a UPD deployment and investigating an Oracle upgrade. I had the end-user run the “Document Object Connection” with the Chrome DevTools running. I believe I have captured the appropriate data for diagnosing this, just don’t know what part of it to post. I am also worried that it might contain proprietary or confidential information.  Here is a screenshot showing the process that took the longest (almost a minute). To be clear, this process works well in IEE, but very slow in Aurena.

I also captured all of the DevTools output to a HAR file, but that has tons of text to it.

here is the line referenced with the long time factor (redacted for security):

"url": "https://server.domain.site.tld:99999/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/DocumentHome.svc/GetOCTResultCount(LuName='ManSuppInvoice',KeyRef='COMPANY%3Dcomp%5EINVOICE_ID%zzzzzzzzzz')",

The screenshot is quite clear, just getting the count of attachments is taking a very long time. It happens for some customers and there can be different reasons for it:

- "Many" document - object connections in the database (millions possibly)
- "Many" Object Connection Transformation rules or badly written Object Connection Transformation rules
- Bugs
I think the best way to get help with this is to file a support case, such that someone can take a more detailed look at your environment.