Solved

Disable the approval of a document without a file

• 27 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

We’re using IFS Apps 10. Some of our users are forgetting to attach a file to the document before releasing or approving the document. My question is twofold:

First, is there a way to block the Release or Approval of a document without a file being associated with the document revision record?

Secondly, for those that were released or approved as essentially “empty” records, what is the best way to add a file to those records?

Thanks

Eric

icon

Best answer by Amila Samarasinghe 28 June 2022, 09:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @emiller3061 

You can write a custom event action for event DOCUMENT_APPROVED. This event is fired when a document revision record is approved and you can write custom SQL to check the existence of the file and raise an error in the event action. 

As for the already released and approved doc, I do not think it is possible to attach a file now. May be try creating new revisions and obsoleting the original revision?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @emiller3061,

There is a default value in the basic data which mentions that the user gets a warning when there is no file attached. This is CHECK_FILE_EMPTY:

So this will not block the user to do so, but at least the user gets a warning. If you really want to block this, then the event proposed by @Amila Samarasinghe will do the trick.

For the second question, you should be able to create a new revision as @Amila Samarasinghe  is mentioning. That will be created in the Preliminary state, then you can attach a file.

Good luck,

Robert

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @EqeRobertK 

I checked CHECK_FILE_EMPTY and it only works if the file is empty and it doesn't work if there is no file at all.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks @Amila Samarasinghe 

I see that I used the wrong value, it should have been VIEW_FILE_REQ:

If the value on the Document Class is set to ‘Y’, then it will really block you to approve the document:

@emiller3061, is this what you are looking for? So this can be set in the basic data and per document class you can overrule this.

Badge +2

Thank you, everyone!