Solved

Searching by Customer Name in Aurena

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

When searching by Customer Name in Aurena (Apps 10 UPD 13), the application does not return the expected results.  The same search works as expected in IEE.  

1. Navigate to Customer Orders (Overview Page)
  2. Select drop down for Customer and uncheck Match Case (Aa)
    1. If I keep Match Case on, then the search seems to work.  
  3. Enter a partial of the Customer Name
    1. Such as ‘%abc%’ or ‘abc%’ 
  4. Search

No records are returned to the user.  If the user searches by Customer Number or other criteria, records are returned.  

Has anyone else run into a same issue?

icon

Best answer by Dilan Senevirathne 1 June 2022, 06:24

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @astfarazt 

I tested the same in latest Aurena version but found no issue. Records returned as expected. But I noticed the same issue in Upd 13 and 14 versions.
Hence the issue has been fixed now. You will get this bug correction when you upgraded to Upd 15.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello, @Dilan Senevirathne :

Are you able to confirm if the fix in UPD15 also resolves the search issue in other fields such as Main Representative or is it specific only to Customer Name?  I posted a similar question related to Main Rep and @ShawnBerk pointed me to this thread.  My post with print screens can be found at 

Thank you,

Joann

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @astfarazt 

I tested the same in latest Aurena version but found no issue. Records returned as expected. But I noticed the same issue in Upd 13 and 14 versions.
Hence the issue has been fixed now. You will get this bug correction when you upgraded to Upd 15.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Thanks, @Dilan Senevirathne.  Are you able to refer me to the Bug ID so I can see if a single patch is available from Support?

This particular Customer will not be able to update to UPD 15 for at least a few months, if not into early 2023.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@astfarazt 

I will try to get the Bug ID. But I don’t think it will be delivered as a single patch because there is a simple work around available for this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@jtobin 

I checked your scenario as well. The representative names did not get fetched when I type the last name. But when I type % before the last name it appears. 

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello, @Dilan Senevirathne . Thank you for your response.  Are you able to test in an IFS Cloud version and let me know if the wildcard is required?  There are many fields where the wildcard isn’t required so it seems inconsistent.

Here is an example of where the wildcard isn’t necessary in Apps 10, UPD13:

Thank you,

Joann

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@jtobin For what it’s worth, I tested adding a Business Representative on a Business Opportunity in 21R2 and a wildcard was required if I wanted to filter by the user’s last name.

Although, a wildcard was also required when connecting a Business Activity to an Account. 

In your first screenshot, try typing in ‘serve’ and the value will not fetch.  If you start typing in Flow, the value should start fetching because that is what the value starts with.  This would also be the same case for the Customer ID itself.  That said, if you added the wildcard prior to ‘serve’, it should display as you’d expect.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Dilan Senevirathne  Thank you for your assistance.  I think I see that the issue starts with the Representative record itself - the field is actually “Name” and is not separated into First Name and Last name, so the wildcard requirement makes sense.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@astfarazt My apologies if I overstepped by continuing my questions in your thread. I thought my question might be the same as yours.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@astfarazt My apologies if I overstepped by continuing my questions in your thread. I thought my question might be the same as yours.

No worries at all!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Did anyone get the bug fix number? I’m on Apps10 UPD16 and I’m having a similar issue when searching Contacts on the Customer - CRM screen. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Did anyone get the bug fix number? I’m on Apps10 UPD16 and I’m having a similar issue when searching Contacts on the Customer - CRM screen. 

Unfortunately, I do not have the Bug ID. 

Are you noticing this issue in Aurena or IEE?  Can you please share a screenshot of which issue you’re experiencing in case there are minute differences.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@astfarazt - I did a case and they came back with being able to replicate it in their core environment so I’m waiting on an update. I’m sure it’ll end up being a bug fix we’ll have to wait for since there is a work around. 

This is the Contacts section of Customer - CRM. Enter the exact name or select it from the drop down and it comes up with No Data.