Solved

How to design mobile screens / layouts for all the users in CRM Companion app.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

In apps10, is there a way we can configure the page layout (the design) of CRM companion app for all users?

Br,

Nethmie

icon

Best answer by James Ashmore 4 July 2022, 22:12

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Saw one for wadaco and want to know if the same can be done for CRM companion app as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You need to enable this via Permission Set > Activities. The changes done in the App will be stored in the Users Profile. You need to copy this to create a base profile to distribute the same config to other users.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

You need to enable this via Permission Set > Activities. The changes done in the App will be stored in the Users Profile. You need to copy this to create a base profile to distribute the same config to other users.

Hi.. Thanks alot James for this. Also do you know where I can configure or design the layout (the main page/dashboard) for the mobile app?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The Dashboard cannot be design. It should be controlled via permission set security

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

We are trying to follow these steps. I am going to design the screen on the app to how we want all our users to see it. I checked the permission box per the image above, but we do not know next steps to copy my touch apps layout to everyone else. Are there detailed instructions on this?

@SaraCrank 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Within the App you can switch between Personal and Base profiles before making UI changes in the designer. This is done within the menu options within the App. This makes it easier to distribute the changes in the profile to other users.

Cheers

James

Badge +2

Within the App you can switch between Personal and Base profiles before making UI changes in the designer. This is done within the menu options within the App. This makes it easier to distribute the changes in the profile to other users.

Cheers

James

Hi James, I don’t see this option in the App are you able to send a screenshot please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Sorry, a little misleading here. You have to make the switch to use the Base profile in Installed Apps Devices and Initialize the device. You can then make the design changes directly into the Base Profile and use this to distribute to other Users.

You can read about switching to just use the Base Profile for a User/Device/App here: User Administration (ifs.com)

Cheers

James